The various homes, flats, and other dwellings of London are located throughout the city. You can visit a friend at his home or even have one over or enjoy an evening in with yourself. Your choice!
By Niklaus Schmidt
He could get used to this. Klaus honestly could. Their conversation flowed and was easy, even if things had been mostly business right now and even so far in their relationship. It was to be expected, being work partners and all, but what did it matter? Klaus supposed this would never go anywhere and rightly so. Last thing he needed was a one night fling with his partner to ruin it all, and besides, he couldn't work with her if they were together. It would be laughable. And then there was his monthly problem. He doubted she'd like that any more than his last girl even if she'd know what was going on. That probably made it worse, knowing she had to worry about him dying rather than simply being with another girl. You know, because him being with another girl was far more bearable and less damaging than him getting killed. Yep. Though he doubted he'd ever go out on a partner like that, so it kind of was since it wouldn't ever happen.

When Kat's words drifted and she seemed to leave him, Klaus' first thought was almost an absence seizure, but given the revelation of Zombie Dad from their last outing together...? He couldn't help but let his mind go there as well. "Kat?" he asked gently to get her attention. "You alright?"
By Katarina Bauer
"Hm?" She snapped out of it, looking over at Klaus. "Oh, yeah, sorry--I just had this huge wave of like pain...right here." Kat reached over and placed her fingertips against his right temple. It was the only way she could accurately explain and pinpoint the location of the throbbing pain in her head. She hadn't exactly saw spots or anything so she wasn't too alarmed, it just hurt her suddenly and immensely. When she peeked up, she noticed that she let her hand remain there, on his face Her eyes widened as they locked into his for a second before she pulled away with a bashful blush and chuckle.

Upon her retraction, Katarina placed her fingers to her own head as she waited for it to pass. It seemed it was fading rather quickly, which was nice. She'd been drinking after all, so she would opt out if Klaus offered painkillers. "Sorry about that. Er--do carry on if there's any more to the twisted little fairy tale you're on about then, as ever detail is for...'quality purposes' no?" Kat offered a smile his way to reassure him that she would be okay, and made a weak attempt to bring the light mood back to their conversation. She didn't want to lose that, as she was rather enjoying that. A lot.

What she wouldn't say aloud was the fact that she had been distracted by her father's voice yet again...but this time, it was just a memory of him talking to her about the man she would fall in love with in the future, a man who would make her laugh, take care of her despite the circumstances, and be there for her overall.

Nope. She had to brush that thought away. Not necessarily the thought of her father, because all of her memories she had of him were cherished. But she didn't see Klaus that way. He was one of her best mates, her partner even, and they'd only known each other a couple of months, and he'd been away some of that time. Work made it seem like they'd known each other for a lifetime--but Kat didn't want to pull the stupid move of falling for a workmate. It would be distracting, unprofessional and just...awkward.

Right?
By Niklaus Schmidt
Klaus nodded, forcing his brows to relax, not really thinking much of the fact her hand lingered on his temple. A little weird, but he didn't mind the touch. She realized she'd lingered and gave an embarrassed laugh before apologizing. He rose a brow. There was no need to apologize. And certainly no need to change the topic back so quickly. "Do you need a pain killer? I have acetaminophen. And I have water, beer, orange juice...." Though Matt had told him his orange juice was awful or some such nonsense. He'd get her whatever she thought would help before they continued because he'd feel awful if she simply soldiered through it. And frankly, he was a bit alarmed by the suddenness.

Once Kat gave her confirmation, Klaus stood and walked to the bathroom to grab his bottle of meds then poured two into a cap as he walked back toward the table. He set that and the bottle down as he went to the cabinet to get her a cup and poured some water in, setting it down as well and then sitting back down in his seat. "So, um, ask me questions. Something. Because there's so much and I'm still trying to even process where to begin."
By Katarina Bauer
The hell was she blushing so much? She felt like she was that awkward teenager again...not much had changed since she turned twenty, actually, and past the mid-twenties, she had to give in to the fact that her awkwardness had remained and she was just socially inept. Okay, maybe not inept, per se. She was just denying herself a little bit, that she was content. That maybe she could have left her hand touching his face for a little longer...no. Wait, could she? NO. Fighting off the inner monologue, or even the devils of conscience on her shoulders, Katarina sat back in her chair. She puffed out a breath as she gave his offering some consideration. She'd drank a little bit but those type of drugs wouldn't affect her with the alcohol in her system if taken right. "Sure. I'll take a half dose though because..." She pointed at the beer bottle. "OJ sounds delightful. Thanks." At least she could keep the stammering at bay, and she could actually see straight to offer Klaus a smile.

"Um..." She tapped her fingers on the table as she thought of a question. "Oh! Alright then...you mentioned the goblins and--well, tigers and bears, oh my--but did you meet anyone there? People? What were they like? Was there anyone important we should mention?" If he had, that would be another paragraph or two to add to the report. Again, Kat didn't mind helping him out with this, she just tapped the screen on her phone to make sure the mic was still recording all of what he had to say, as not to lose any info that might be crucial. "More werewolves? Ohh, a how about a mermaid or...or a witch?" She heckled. It was her way of getting the mood back on point, on that lighthearted, fun sort of roll they had going before her sudden headache. She grinned. "But seriously."
By Niklaus Schmidt
Klaus smiled a cheeky half-smile at her Oz reference and was about to say something when she continued her questions further. Once he was sure she was done, he nodded. "Yes to all of the above. Plenty of witches down there and wizards. But don't worry. None of them had any skin tags or moles and even fewer met the stereotypical 'old hag' description." He winked. "Honestly didn't fraternize much with many of the witches or even the wizards. Ced showed me around after I met some bloke who said he was the leader of the wizarding world or something and we went to start looking about and annoyed the leader of Ced's group. Seemed they captured this bloke, Teague. And they certainly had differing opinions on their history. Seems you can't escape revisionism no matter where you go."

Klaus chuckled lightly and took a sip of his beer then shook it a bit before setting the now-empty bottle down. He'd have to remedy that in a bit, he supposed. In fact, how about now? He stood and walked to the fridge, going through the motions of taking out the beer and opening it while talking before sitting down. "Teague was a funny fellow. I rather liked him. Made me think if we'd met in other circumstances, we'd be welcoming him into the fold. I really don't see why we feel like we need to keep an eye on them. They seem quite content keeping to themselves. At least, that's the impression they gave me. Though...there was something about the goblins and other creatures down there. Lots of armor, weaponry... If I didn't know better, I'd say Ced's group was the problem child of the wizarding world. Kinda like North Korea is our world's problem child. Only still somehow nicer." He cleared his throat slightly before he took a sip of his freshly opened bottle. "Help yourself...to anything," he added.
By Katarina Bauer
After swallowing the meds down, she sat there for a moment, and even drank the rest of the water, in case hydration was the real cause of her headache. She nodded at him when he mentioned the man he'd met there, the leader of that Wizarding World, and tried to make sense of it. She was doing better than her first week at MI:5...she had come a long way.

"Problem child, you said?" comparing the group to that of Korea certainly raised her eyebrows. " I mean, did they hurt that Teague guy? Cedric's group-- I'm sorry, you mean to say Cedric the one we had in interrogation a month or so ago, right?" Kat recalled that day quite clearly, because it was the first day she actually met Klaus, and from where she was standing, that guy didn't seem like the let me take you on a tour sort. Nevertheless, she was glad Klaus was returned to her safe.

"What can you say about Cedric's group, or even Teague that might be beneficial for the report?" She shrugged with a grin, "Sorry I know that was a lot of questions there, but, wherever you'd like to start."

The witches and wizards fascinated her, but so did the politics. So they had their own system too, and organizations against them? Sounded very much like their world, there was no questioning that.
By Niklaus Schmidt
Klaus nodded his confirmation to Kat's questions identifying Cedric as the wolf from a month ago. And then there were more questions and she was apologizing for it. He honestly was glad for the questions. Gave him something to talk about and kept things going. The more they recorded and answered at this point, the fresher it all would be for him and the more likelihood most everything would get into the report. "They did, I guess? At first? I don't know. But it was bizarre. We were their captives, Teague and me, yet we were able to wander about within reason. He had enemies down there so 'within reason' had a bit more restriction to it than for me, I suppose, but you think captive and you think cell, yeah? We really couldn't go anywhere other than around the city itself, couldn't leave, but what did that matter? If we could wander, we could gain information. If we could gain information, we could devise a hostage situation to get free if we were desperate enough. Teague, he seemed laid back enough, but I got the feeling he could probably be dangerous if he had it in his head."

That was probably about all he could say about Teague and his situation that needed to go into the report so far as he could think of. Jones and co didn't need to know about the fact that he and Teague had thrown back drinks with Cedric and whatnot. Well, ok, he supposed there was more as he took another few bites of his food to buy time to think. It was nearly gone now, which was good. As slowly as he was eating today because of the conversation, he was certainly needing less to fill his stomach. Probably would've eaten another plate under ordinary eating circumstances.

((Finish later. I think I need to get a bit further in "World" before I can fully answer what Klaus knows on this topic. Depending how it plays with the goblins in Ced's reply and whatnot. Nudge me if I don't have this done by a week from now, please. <3))

There were so many answers to the question “[…]

Under a Cursed Moon (open)

If his head was swimming and h still had to drive,[…]

TBD

"I suppose I can't convince you stop stalking[…]

Kids In America - AU Digimon

https://i.imgur.com/JX0p7SI.png [/url] Home |[…]