2009, the first year of the takeover. All early LR posts from the first year of the takeover are here.
by: Trevor Williams
Trevor watched as Evie tried to stand, able to note something was wrong just by the way she looked while doing it and her statement only helped to reinforce that matter. As she started to fall, he rushed over to her and caught her in his arms, lowering her to the ground and cradling her head in his lap. "Evie?" he called out, checking her pulse and breathing before trying to shake her. After a while of shaking her, he decided that wasn't really working and decided to try to lightly yet firmly slap her face on either side. She needed to wake up. She needed to wake up, and the doctor needed to get here, and the whole show needed to start. Lauren had assured him this potion would not harm her in any way, just get rid of the babies in an untraceable way so it appeared she had had a natural miscarriage of the babies. She had told him to watch for signs of depression, and such was partially why he had made sure Cambridge would be more of a permanent thing, not just someone to help her with her memory.
by: Former Members
Evie's eyes opened slightly after a few seconds and she looked up at Trevor somethings wrong she told him as if he couldn't figure that out already. She needed to get to a hospital now, she didn't care what he said about it not being safe, she was not going to sit around here and wait for his friend to come when it could be hours. She felt so sick, her stomach was turning and turning like it was constantly rolling over inside her. Take me to a hospital Evie demanded, she wasn't going to take no for an answer.
"Lauren's on her way," Trevor assured her. "She sent Nora back with a message while you were out." So, it was a lie, but whatever. Lauren would be on her way anyway. In fact...he was pretty sure that was her at the door now. He set Evie down gently before rushing over to the door and opening it, letting Lauren in but not wasting time with pleasantries. "She fainted. She was in some pain, and she fainted while I went to owl you. She's over here in the kitchen." Lauren's feet made no sound as she walked over, having forgotten to take off her shoe covers in her haste. She'd been busy at Mungo's, after all. She'd only just taken break when Leonora had swooped in, making everyone duck in surprise and nearly giving her patient a heart attack.

"Get her to the bedroom. It'll be easiest to find out what's wrong there," she instructed before looking at Evie and giving her a reassuring smile. "You're in good hands now that you're back, Eves. Can you walk?"
I want to go to a hospital! Evie said again putting more emphasis on it this time in case he didn't understand her. She didn't care who his friend was or what she did Evie wanted to be in a medical facility. The knock at the door made her shut up so she could listen and Evie looked up at Lauren when she came into the room. Something's wrong she repeated as if this woman didn't already know. What kind of man was she married to when it wasn't even safe to go to the hospital? Yeah...I think so Evie said when she was asked if she could walk But I need help.
by: Jen
Even though telling Lauren that something was wrong was redundant, the healer nodded sympathetically. There was no need to take an attitude with her. She wanted to make sure that Evie was fine. It was essentially the same potion that one gave a woman at an abortion clinic that she had given Trevor to give to Evie, so nothing should be complicated, but if some of the fetus had been left behind, there could be issues, which is why this would be so much easier to do in an actual exam room, so she'd set up a makeshift office as though she had a private practice in case it was necessary. "Trevor," the healer said as Evie indicated she needed help, and Trevor moved to help her up, walking with her slowly towards the bedroom, eventually picking her up carefully. He set her down on the bed and walked over to the other side and sat down near her head, looking at her with concern and brushing her hair back, his thumb stroking her temple. Lauren wasn't far behind, closing the door since she figured Layla was home. "Why don't you take off your clothes and put on a loose nightgown?" she suggested, and Trevor moved quickly to get Evie one, bringing it back and handing it to Evie, voluntarily turning his back.
Despite not wanting him to touch her right now Evie allowed Trevor to pick her up and carry her to the bedroom but, when he brushed her hair back and touched her temple Evie jerked her head away from him. There was too much going on right now. First waking up next to him was strange enough and then having him explain what happened and finding out she was pregnant and now, the possibility that there could be something wrong with the child. She felt like she was going to have a nervous breakdown with so many horrible things all at one time. I don’t want him in here Evie said after she took the nightgown from Trevor and watched as he turned his back. He claimed she was his wife, he claimed that this was their child but she wasn’t going to just let some man who claimed to be these things be in the room when something this personal was going on.
Lauren looked at Trevor expectantly, but he merely glanced at her and turned to look at Evie. "I promise I won't look," he assured her, though in the reality he had spun for her and in true reality, it wasn't anything he hadn't seen before. However, she didn't recall anything, and all she had was his word to go by, which he understood was likely not enough in her probably frazzled state of mind. But honestly, what father wouldn't want to be there throughout all this? If Anna had faced issues with carrying Kiley, he wouldn't have left. It wasn't like he would have been in the doctor's way anyway.

Honestly, he was hoping to use this self-induced scenario to bridge the gap, so to speak, and hopefully get her to rely on him for comfort, to see he was genuine in his love for her, and to go from there. Now he was beginning to doubt that this would work in this way, but he couldn't have kids with Winslow's DNA living in his house that she could take with her to another country out of his jurisdiction and have tested, if she ever suspected something was going on. It just wasn't a good idea. That was like begging to be killed, and he wasn't going to deal with that. Of course, he could always say in such a situation that he was trying to spare her too many shocks at one time and therefore hadn't told her for her own peace of mind and that it was wrong and he should have told her, but he'd only wanted to protect her. Knowing Evie, even if she accepted such a thing, it would open a whole different can of worms. There was no winning for losing with her, was there?
Evie shook her head. She didn't want him in here at all she wasn't comfortable around him. Evie was so confused right now but she knew what she wanted and Trevor in the room while this was going on was not one of them. Please leave. She said again while looking up at him and giving him a look that said she was serious. You would think that he would be able to understand. She lost her memory and doesnt remember him and he knows that and now there might be something wrong with the baby she was carrying?
"Please?" Trevor asked, looking at her imploringly through what appeared to be sad, troubled eyes, but when she didn't give in and instead showed she was serious, he nodded slightly, looking away and chewing back his lip for a moment before gazing back at her. He reached for her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, slowly releasing it before sliding off the bed and telling her, "I'm here for you, if you need me."

Lillian, who had been quiet through most of this, stepped closer to Evie and began to feel for her vitals, which truth be told she should have checked again a lot sooner than this, but..."I'll get you when we're done," she assured Trevor who thanked her on his way out to sit in a chair in the living room. It would be a while before Layla would wake up. He had given her a sleeping potion so that Cambridge could personally deliver the memory modification, not wanting to take any risks with the success of hers or her happiness. Evie's happiness had been destined to be troubled at least at first, and it wasn't like memory erasal took an exact science. Swipe your wand, say the spell, and it was done. Cambridge had ran him through the process several times. Everything was to go flawlessly, or so Cambridge had promised, and it so far seemed to be being kept. She didn't seem to be asking about Julian or Lydia or Winslow himself, after all.

Inside the room, Lillian went to the linen closet to search for a sheet for Evie, asking her to please remove her clothing as she came back with a dark one and handed it to her. She also requested she call for her when she was done, and with that, the healer headed out and stood just outside the bedroom door waiting.
Evie pulled her hand away from Trevor when he started to squeeze it and she watched him leave. How was she supposed to handle this? If something was wrong with the babies....it was still hard to believe that she was pregnant to begin with and had a husband that she could only remember in little snippets. If something was wrong what was she supposed to do? Was she just supposed to allow him to comfort her? Evie just wanted to run away and maybe she would maybe once the exam was over run away and start a new life.

She waited till Lillian handed her the sheets and stepped outside before she did as she was told, taking off her clothes and setting them aside on the bed, close enough so she could grab them if she needed. Evie did everything else like she was supposed to and got back on the bed, making sure everything was covered before she called out Ok... she said so Lillian could come back in and get things started.
Lillian entered a few moments later, having spent her time consoling Trevor and reassuring him. When that wasn't working, she'd resorted to walking him through emotions, assuring him that if he had no recollection and was going through the same thing he wouldn't want some stranger who wasn't there out of medical necessity to be there. He'd conceded with a sigh, but she could see he was upset but whether it was because things weren't exactly going his way/as planned or distress at seeing Evie like this, the healer wasn't sure nor did she ask. She personally didn't want to know. This business was risky and a little reckless in her opinion, not becoming of one who planned to do what he planned in the near future, but she was part of his "posse," so she'd do as asked. His happiness, satisfaction, and well being were necessary for him to achieve what he promised and they hoped for.

After resting her hand on the anxious man's shoulder a moment, Lillian decided she would do well to go into the bedroom where Evie was waiting. She'd had long enough, and she was sure to have looked at some pictures by now, right? Trevor would be happy about that. But wait too long and the girl might wander out and walk in on conversation she was not meant to hear. So, she was quick to walk in, shutting the door behind her and pausing a moment before walking over to the other woman. She was sure that the woman would want an answer about her babies as soon as possible, so she didn't sit on the edge to talk. Instead, she walked up to about where her knees were so she could talk to her. "Well, Evie, normally I'd start an exam with a few other questions, but I'm sure you want to know about the babies, so I'm going to check on that first before we proceed. Where did you put your clothes?" She waited for an answer before she began to walk over to the clothes, bending over to pick it up, preparing herself as much as possible mentally for what she knew she was to find. "What were you doing when you began to experience the pain? What had you been doing prior to that?"
Evie was starting to go stir crazy in here. What was taking so damn long? She was in dire medical need here and this woman was still outside talking to Trevor. When Lillian finally came back into the room Evie looked at her expectantly. She didn't want to waste time with meaningless questions, she wanted to know what was wrong with her children right now. I was sitting and talking to Trevor, he brought me some tea and then I started to feel dizzy and I passed out and now your here. Just tell me whats going on. She said sharply.
Lillian nodded slowly, looking on her own for the clothes and finding them, forcing herself to maintain a blank look before looking away from the clothes and back to Evie as she walked back over. "Well, Evie, there's no easy way to put this," the woman began. "I'm afraid that you've miscarried. Whether it was from the trauma of your time away or the stress of coming back to a place you don't recognize due to your captor or something else entirely, I can't know without some blood work." She reached out her hand to rest on Evie's shoulder. "I'm sorry," she told her softly, glancing over towards the door a moment before back to the other woman. "Would you like to tell Trevor later after the tests or shall I tell him for you now?"
Evie already knew the answer before Lillian finished and said anything. She knew something horrible was wrong, horribly wrong and even if she didn't know she had the babies until a few hours ago to get fully attached to them it still hurt her deep down. When the words left Lillians mouth Evie just kind of starred, she was feeling numb right now after everything that had happened in such a short amount of time, she didn't even know how to react right now or how she should react. This wasnt excatly a proper situation and it wasnt like she had to behave like a proper lady. Tell him, please... She said quietly, turning her head to look up at the woman after a few moments.
Lillian nodded, giving Evie a sad, sympathetic look and a light squeeze on the shoulder. She went out and told Trevor that all was done as he had commanded, and he put on the theatrics, managing to make himself cry as though distraught by the loss, and the voices grew distant as they walked away, the healer saying something to him about needing to calm down before seeing Evie before they began to do so. It was perhaps a good ten minutes before Lillian returned to remove and get rid of the soiled clothing and ten minutes after that before Trevor came to their bedroom, knocking on the door and saying soberly with a sense of hesitation as though afraid seeing and talking to her would make it real, "Evie?" He waited a few moments in case she needed to compose herself or get decent before opening the door and peering in, his eyes red and puffy from the tears and rubbing his eyes. He looked at her a few moments before stepping in and shutting the door, walking over to her and sitting on the edge of the bed in a manner that seemed as though he were in a bit of a daze as he looked at the floor. It was a long while before he finally spoke to her, looking at her, swallowing hard. "How are you holding up?" he asked, not sure how she would react with the lack of a memory and whatnot. Surely the mere idea would at least make her somewhat upset, right?
Under a Cursed Moon (open)

“Ben,” he replied. Maybe if he closed his eyes […]

Wolf Out! Affiliation :)

Hey :) We need new affiliates since the tinypic cl[…]

Eben's Journal

(Content warning: graphic description of a burned […]

Early lunch

Eyes again. They weren’t the friendly blues of the[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising