2009, the first year of the takeover. All early LR posts from the first year of the takeover are here.
by: Former Members
Set me free? Evie asked confused. Why would I need to be set free? Nothing was making sense, he made it sound like she was a prisoner or something. You make it sound like I was a prisoner somehow Evie doubted that she would allow herself to become like that, it wasn't who she was.
by: Trevor Williams
"You were, in a way. You still loved him, but the nice, sweet, nerdy guy you knew at Hogwarts changed when you left it. You were engaged to be married, but somewhere along the line, the deeper he got into the Order, the more Casey started to treat you like an object instead of the wonderful woman that you were and still are. You admitted to me that you'd tried to walk before, but when you tried there were threats, and the way he was going, you were afraid of a violent outburst, and you knew he could handle himself. He, of course, promised things would get better, but they didn't, which is more or less how I met you." The next logical question would be to ask how they met, but Trevor would leave that to Evie to decide to ask it. He kept his eyes trained on the woman, glancing at her hand and then back to her face, deciding that touching her hand wasn't going to be acceptable in her mind right now. She still didn't know him or anything about them, just that he claimed to be her husband. He highly doubted Evie would be like, "Who cares? I'll just let this strange man who claims he's my husband touch me and hold me like it's nothing."
Evie sat back in the kitchen chair and crossed her arms to her body and hugged herself. So, then she was in a abusive relationship...which she vaugly remembered happening but that didn't explain anything about her and Trevor How did we meet? She asked after a while were you a old friend or something? This was so stupid, Evie wanted to remember everything that happened in her life and what gave Casey the right to take that away from her and she wanted revenge of him for doing this to her.
Trevor shook his head. While that would be convenient, it was easier to back his story than any contrived with his being an old friend as a premise. Besides, how could he explain his accent, if he attended Hogwarts and was an old friend? "I was a new widower, had just moved recently into town from Sofia, Bulgaria. I was at a pub, and you and Casey happened to be there. He was meeting with a client; you were his arm candy. You sat there through the meeting until you couldn't take it anymore, the way they were laughing at you, putting you down with jokes made at your expense. You excused yourself to go to the bathroom, and when you came you, you ran into me. I could see you were upset, and I was concerned. We talked a little, but you had to get back to him before he sent someone looking for you. We agreed to meet again a few days later at the theatre since there was some movie coming out that you wanted to see but that you knew Casey wouldn't come with you to. We met, went out on a walk around the park afterwards..."
Evie listened and nodded a few times durning parts of Trevor's story. So, we had an affair? She asked and waited for some kind of conformation before continuing with her questioning why didn't I just leave Casey if we were messing around to begin with? I mean, obvisouly there was something between us if were married, so why didn't I just leave him? It would make sense to her to do, leave the man if she wasn't in love with him and go with the one she was. But Evie supposed things were never that simple.
Trevor made a "kinda" motion with his hand when Evie asked her question, about to go and clarify how you could "kinda" have an affair when she went on with her brief onslaught of questions for him to answer. "It wasn't that simple. You wanted to; on numerous ocassions, you voiced that to me, but you were scared. He had a sort of control over you, and he knew it. You loved him still, but you couldn't love what he had become, but he'd use that love you felt to control you even when he'd emotionally abuse you or make threats. It wasn't a healthy relationship the two of you had at all, and I assured you I would help. But you didn't wait for the day we'd planned. You were at your wit's end, and things had been bad that day. You decided you needed out right then and there and didn't tell me. He beat you. You were lucky to have escaped to get to me. The way you looked when you came to me..." He made a face as though pained to remember it and shook his head. "But no, we didn't have an affair...at least, not physically. We were emotionally involved, but we never allowed ourselves to act on it. We didn't want to risk anything happening and Casey finding out and harming you. The physical didn't come until months after we'd been officially dating."
Evie made a 'oh' face and she looked down at the table, wondering when the tea would be done because she really needed something to relax her tense body and there was no way she was going to let Trevor touch her, she didn't care if he claimed to be her husband, she didn't know him and husband or not she needed her space right now. She leaned forward and rested her eblows on the table and put her face in her hands. My head hurts.... she said, the side of her face was relly sore to, like she had been hit and she took one hand away from her face and gingerly touched the area and winced.
"Oh, the tea," Trevor said, having forgot all about it during this whole little chat they were having. "And I'll get you something for the pain and bruising." His head would probably be hurting quite a bit, too, if he'd punched himself hard enough to knock himself out. Why hadn't he thought of that? He really should have. He should have been the good husband ready with pain pills, water, and some sort of balm to help with the bruising, though it was arguable if she would have accepted anything from him at all at that point. He stood up from the table and walked off to the kitchen where, sure enough, the tea kettle was whistling. He turned off the heat and grabbed a couple mugs and tea bags, pouring the water into the mugs and putting the tea bags into the water and letting it steep a bit before fixing her tea how he remembered her liking it back when he was Headmaster Trey Hunter, but no need to dwell on that mess of a year, even if it ultimately was what lead to him even considering doing all this. It was for her own benefit, really. He loved her, and her marriage to Winslow had started going severely south, but she was too afraid to bail, just as she had been back then.

Sometimes love wasn't enough, and that's how it was between her and Winslow, in his opinion. When you stopped making each other happy and feeling whole and complete, that was when it was time to end it before it got too ugly. They'd had thirteen years, fifteen, if dating was included, almost all but nine or ten filled with with trials and tribulation. Now Winslow was presumably in a better place along with their kids. They wouldn't have to suffer and neither would Evie. It was the best solution for an eminent, unavoidable problem. He wouldn't let it become like that for him and Evie. He would love her, and he would give her space, allow her to spread her wings and get out to meet people, and in return, she would love him back. They would be happy; there was no doubt about it. Even back when he was masquerading as someone other than himself, they had had fun, got along well. He knew he could take care of her and treat her well. There was no doubt in his mind about it. It might take time before she accepted this, but he had time. He still had a takeover to commandeer.

Once he had her tea fixed, he took out a small vile and poured a little of a clear, undetectable liquid without a taste into the tea and stirred it, destorying the bottle and vanishing it. It was a necessary thing to do, but it was also necessary she didn't know he was the cause of it. The babies would cause a major problem. They wouldn't look like him (and sure, he could convince her it was because he was metamorphmagus), and he couldn't have her going around with them and people asking about Casey or the father or whatever. As far as she would ever know, they were his, and it was a miscarriage Casey had induced when he had abducted her, his way of saying, "If I can't have her, no one can." He'd comfort her and mourn with her, if she'd let him. He brought the tea out to her and offered it to her, hers in some mug he had bought that he figured suited her. It had some modern art design around it that was colorful and vibrant and alive like her.

"Here you are, precious," he told her before walking off with his mug to the bathroom to grab some pain pills andsome balm for the bruising, carrying both containers out and setting them in front of her with a mirror, figuring she probably wouldn't want him to help her. She always had had that independent streak; it was part of what he loved about her but also something that could be quite troublesome. He sat down across from her again and sipped at his tea, setting the mug down on the table and watching her for a few moments before looking down and turning his mug. "I'm so sorry for all of this," he told her. It made sense for him to say, after all, or to seem to feel a little responsible for this in some way and therefore feel a little guilty. She'd never know he was the cause of all of this and that he was truly apologizing in advance for the pain he knew she was about to go through or the long road to "recovery."
When Trevor got up to get their tea Evie continued to lightly press on the area where she was hurt. Someone really had hit her hard, possibly hard enough to knock her out, what if she had a concussion? Maybe she should get to a hospital and get looked at. When Trevor set her mug down in front of her Evie picked it up with a quiet thanks… and blew on the liquid to cool it a little before taking a careful sip.

She didn’t want to be here, she wanted to be with someone she knew….but, oh wait, she didn’t know anyone. Evie looked up from her mug when he brought the pills and cream out to her and she picked up the mirror to look at the side of her face at the bruise Casey did that? She asked, moving the mirror away a little to look across the table at Trevor before she picked up the pain pills and took another sip from her tea and swallowed the pills.
Trevor nodded from his seat. "He kidnapped you. Three months ago. It was like reliving the death of my first wife all over again. It was nearly our fourth anniversary, too. I had everything planned, absolutely everything. But then, I we were hanging out at a diner with some friends; it was originally just going to be me, but you really wanted to get out, so I let you come along, thought it'd be nice to spend some time together. Casey and his group swooped in, somehow had found out we were there. They took you in their retreat from the fight that followed their entrance. I tried so hard to follow them, but he apparated away with you just as I was a few feet away. There was no way to stop him, and I searched...for those three months...for you, for our babies. I couldn't let him do anything to you. He must have used Obliviate to erase your memory when I broke in, knocked you out. It was the perfect way for him to start fresh with you. He probably thought he'd kill me before I could save you. Oh Merlin, to imagine what he must have done to you! Maybe it's better you don't remember, but I want you to. I need you to. I want my wife back, and I swear to you that I will do whatever it takes to help you regain your memory, no matter what happens."
If her head wasn’t hurting before it surely was now with all the information Trevor was throwing at her. First wife? Evie asked as she set the mirror down so she could look at him. Three months? She had been gone for three months, living with a man that kidnapped her and did who knows what? Babies? I’m pregnant? Evie looked at Trevor a little bewildered, she couldn’t be far along if she wasn’t showing but still, all this and then to find out she is pregnant. She picked up her mug and took a long drink. So many questions kept coming up with all his answers and she thought her head was going to explode.
Trevor nodded when she reconfirmed that she'd heard the words "first wife." "It was a happy marriage for the most part, but I came home from work one night to find Anna dying, beyond the point of salvation, and our daughter, Kiley, missing." He was silent for a few moments and looked back to her when she asked about the pregnancy, nodding. "Unless he did something to you. You were pregnant with twins before he took you. We were happy, excited." He smiled a little as he spoke of it and looked at her but sighed. "It probably makes it really awkward for you, though, I guess..."
Oh.. she said when Trevor explained why she was his second wife. It seemed that he just wasn't meant to have a happy normal marriage with his first wife dying and she being kidnapped. When Trevor confirmed that she was indeed pregnant Evie's hand went to her stomach under the table. Maybe I should get to the hospital..What if he did something, get checked out, make sure the babies are ok and make sure I don't have a concussion. It kind of struck her as odd that Trevor didn't take her to the hospiatl in the first place instead of bring her back home.
Trevor nodded. "It's a good idea, but I don't think a hospital's safe. The Order will have figured out something's up by now. I have a friend, though, a couple friends, actually, who are in the medical field. One works in prenatal care. The other is the best in his field and specializes in the concepts of amnesia and regaining memory. He's different, but Lex is brilliant. I'll call them over. We'll have the babies looked over first, of course, and then Lex will go ahead and hold a consultation with you. I'm sure, given the circumstances, they'll be here quickly." Trevor took another drink of his tea before standing. "I'll go owl them. It shouldn't take too long. Leonora's quick."

He walked off to his office where the owl sat on its perch above her fairly massive cage. "Hey, girl," he said, rubbing the bird's neck as she lowered her head. She nipped his finger lightly as he pulled it away and gave a soft hoot, holding her foot up, opening it and closing it like she wanted to grasp something and cocking her head to the side, letting out another soft hoot. "Want a treat?" he asked, reaching for the container and opening it. He offered her one, and she took it in her beak, lowering it to her foot. He smiled and rubbed her neck again for a couple seconds before sitting down in his desk chair and opening a drawer from which he withdrew a couple sheets of paper. He removed his quill from its holder and dipped it in the inkwell, blotting it after doing so. He quickly wrote a note out to Lauren Travis. He put it in an envelope and sealed it.

After watching Leonora eat her treat for a few moments, he decided she wasn't fast enough and took it from her. Just as he suspected. He yanked his hand away before her beak could make contact with his finger as she hissed and lunged. "Sorry, Nora, but this is important. The wife needs to be looked after." Once he was sure the owl wasn't going to tear his finger off, he secured the letter to Leonora and sent her off. He sat back down and wrote a note to Alexander Cambridge and put it in an envelope, sealing it and setting it on his desk as he walked back out and took another sip of his tea. "Nora's flying out the note to Lauren. When she gets back, I'll send for Cambridge. It'll be a while. You feeling ok, considering...?"
That didn't make her feel better, she didn't want to be looked at by some of his friends here at the home, she wanted to be looked at in a medical facilty. Something that was clean and sterile and had things that they could use to fix her if something was wrong. While Trevor was gone Evie finished off the rest of her tea and picked up the mirror again to look at the side of her face, taking some of the cream he brought out for her and lightly rubbing it over the bruised area.

Something wasn't sitting well in her stomach and Evie pushed her chair back a little and tired to stand up as Trevor came back out from his office. I don't feel good... She stood up and clutched her stomach and stepped around the table but that was as far as she got before Evie's vision got blurry and her knees gave out and she fainted on the floor.
Under a Cursed Moon (open)

“Ben,” he replied. Maybe if he closed his eyes […]

Wolf Out! Affiliation :)

Hey :) We need new affiliates since the tinypic cl[…]

Eben's Journal

(Content warning: graphic description of a burned […]

Early lunch

Eyes again. They weren’t the friendly blues of the[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising