2009, the first year of the takeover. All early LR posts from the first year of the takeover are here.
by: Former Members
Evie listened and she thought she understood what he was trying to say and it did make a little bit of sense, but still, it was a hard decision to make. If you wanted her to listen and believe you, I think you would need to gain her trust first, don't you? I mean, if I was her and I was told you were some horrible person that you weren't and you were trying to save me, I would have to trust you first before I even thought about listening to you...But, that's just me. This girl might be different.
by: Casey Winslow
Kevin nodded, sighing as he listened. Well, at least he got his answer. He glanced at her as she said that the girl might be different and shook his head. "Believe me, you two are more alike than you think," he replied but proceeded to try to shrug it off as though it was nothing. "I love her, and I want her back before she has to endure things that she might only deem bad after I tell her the truth...I mean, sleeping with him will be bad enough once she remembers, but there are other things, other little consequences. Yet I know it will all simply continue if I tell her too soon, you know? Because she'll just believe whatever lie he'll give to explain it." He groaned and burried his face in his hands. "This is all such a big mess. Maybe I should have just let her..." He trailed off his sentence, shaking his head. "Fuck," he muttered to himself. Maybe if he'd just let her listen to that letter. Maybe then the bastard would almost be out of their lives for good instead of seemingly in hers permanently.
Evie set the blanket aside and pushed herself up from the couch, (tried to, it took her a few tries) and carefully walked over to the chair Kevin was sitting on and put her hand on his shoulder, sitting down sideways on the arm rest. It will be ok. Everything will turn out right in the end she told him softly if you love this girl that much then that love will prove to be stronger than anything this man can throw at her. I'm sure of it. You just have to give it time Evie moved her hand in small circles around Kevin's shoulder and back in a comforting manner.
"I love her so much. I hope you're right," Kevin replied, closing his eyes as Evie rubbed his shoulder and back. "I want to have her back so badly. I can't deal with this on my own. I should have protected them both, her and Lydia." He sat up and turned towards her, taking her hand in his, his thumb moving over the back of it as he looked up into her eyes. "You believe me, don't you? That I would have stopped it, if I could have, that I wouldn't have let her be taken or Lydia be killed, if I had had the time?" He searched her eyes pleadingly with a hint of desperateness, like she was his lifeline, his tether, the only one who could keep him grounded here.

"I love y--her so much, Evie. I loved them both so much. I understand if she blames me, but I don't want her to. I want her to understand that I did everything I could, that I was trying to get the kids out and then I was going to come back and protect her. I thought her father would keep her safe while I worked on getting the kids away. I took him because he was the first one I could find, and I was coming back. I was there. But her father was dead there. I had to find another way in, and by the time I made it around to our daughter's room, he'd been there. He'd killed her, and he'd taken E--Roxane by the time I'd reached our room. But I did everything; I did everything I could as fast as I could. I loved them. I loved them all, but I failed them, and she's going to hate me for it. I know it."
Evie looked back at Kevin and she let him stroke the back of her hand for a few moments before she took it back and placed it on the side of his face, stroking her thumb along it lightly and gently shhing him I believe you she said while standing from the arm rest and grabbing Kevin's hand and pulling him up with her, walking them both to the couch and sitting him down. Evie picked up the blanket and sat down next to him, throwing the blanket over the both of them. This guy needed help and someone to talk to and since she was here she was as good a person as any so long as he didn't get creepy on her.

She can't hate you, Kevin. She might be mad at first but she can't hate you, you did everything you could do and I'm sure she knows that. Really, she had no idea what Kevin was talking about but Evie was just trying to calm him down.
Kevin closed his eyes as Evie brought her hand to his face and stroked him but soon reopened them as she took his hand and pulled him with her to the couch. He leaned his head against her chest/shoulder as she covered them and rested his arm around her, not really thinking anything of it at this point in time. He snuggled his head against her and closed his eyes as he settled, listening to her voice as she spoke. He was quiet for a few moments, halfway contemplating not answering and just letting himself fall asleep in her arms. It was tempting to him, really tempting. He was with her after a month's time, and she was letting him touch her and be close to her. Admittedly, sleep wasn't the only thing that came to mind, but sleep was the only thing that could happen, if he wanted any chance of seeing her again in a few days, especially if she truly believed she was a married woman who was married to someone other than him.

Quietly, he finally responded. "Her anger isn't something I want, especially not after I failed and lost our daughter like I did. It might not be so bad if she had been taken, but her being taken and Lydia dying? No. She'll hate me. She'll hate me and she'll never speak to me again, not for a long time. That's not something you just get over. And I'll want to be there for y--her, and she won't let me. I know her too well to think she'll be fine after a few days even if she does believe I did all I could do. That was her baby I lost. It was my baby, too, but that won't matter. She'll be suffering, and I'll be the easiest one for her to blame."
Evie hesitated for a moment when Kevin put his arm around her and rested his head on her. It took a moment or so but she brought her arms up and put them around him, one hand on his head and lightly petting him. She didn't know what to say to that. If all that was true, then yes, this woman was going to be angry and upset about the loss of her child and the horrible ordeal that feel upon her. Finally, she sighed her being angry isn't something you can avoid, Kevin. After all she's been through, shes going to be angry and your right, she'll probably be angry at you. But, when she gets time to let everything sink in and she sees that you did everything in your power that you could do....and if you save her from this man....She'll know that you did it all, that you tried and she'll forgive you. She petted him for a few moments longer before resting her hand on his shoulder and looking down at him. How about another drink? I think we both can use another one
He chose not to reply after she gave her opinion. Merlin, she had no idea how much he hoped that would be how it went down. Sure, he'd rather there not be any anger, but he knew there would be some. Hoping for no anger at all was foolish. He just wondered how many nights he'd be forced to sleep on the couch. The idea wasn't one he liked, but hey, it was how it would have to be, and he really needed to make sure they had someplace to go that was away from anywhere Trey would think to look. He had to keep his family safe for good this time. They'd have to leave here and never look back. New names, new looks, new everything.

The feeling of her hand against him as she petted him was distracting him somewhat. He felt tense, but the petting felt good, so it was an odd combination of sensations, her touch both welcome and not at the same time. Therefore, her voice breaking the silence was welcome, and he sat up, albeit a little too quickly. He sat for a moment before pulling back the blanket and standing. "I'll be right back." He headed off towards the kitchen where he pulled out two beers and then took his flask out of his pocket and took a drink. No need to have himself changing to his true identity in the middle of their "lovely" chat. He carried the beers back to the living room and sat down, handing her the bottle opener after grabbing it off the coffee table and leaning against her again, staring at his unopened bottle and wondering if he should even drink it or not.
Evie took the bottle opener from him and popped open her bottle and took a drink from it, looking at Kevin as he just starred at his. She put one arm around him while the other held her beer and she kept sipping at it. Evie didn't know what to say to him anymore, he was quiet and distracted because of that woman he loved and the situation they were in....and what were you supposed to say to that to make someone feel better? It just didn't seem possible and she didn't know Kevin well enough to say anything that she knew would fix the problem...oy, it was a mess.
He scooted closer as Evie wrapped her arm around him, his face turning towards her neck and his body towards her; his arm wrapped around in front of her. He subtly smelled her, but it wasn't the same. Instead of cherry blossoms, he smelled the strong scent of that trademark stuff hotels left complimentary. Even the smell of her clothing was different. It was almost like a completely different person, only he knew it wasn't. His eyes and his ears said otherwise. The beer bottle that hung limply in his hand dropped to rest beside her as he lifted himself slightly to look at her, watching her drink her beer even though the action itself wasn't remotely interesting. He just wanted to memorize her, wanted to memorize the way it felt to be this close to her. Sure, he planned on telling her the truth in a few days' time, but he knew that the anger wouldn't allow for this, not even to hold her to comfort her.
Evie looked at Kevin through the corner of her eye when he lifted himself and just looked at her. She didn't notice that he smelled her, she was to drunk to notice something little like that but, the feeling of eyes on her was unmistakeable and Evie turned to look at him, resting her bottle on her knee in her hand. What? She asked with a small chuckle Do I have something on my face? She didn't see any other reason that he would stare at her like he was if there wasn't something there to stare at.
He quickly looked away as Evie turned to look at him before bringing his eyes back to her as she spoke. "No," he replied, meeting her eyes. "Just can't seem to keep my eyes off you. You remind me of someone...someone I was very close to." With a sigh, he grabbed his beer and sat up and pushed back the blanket. He popped open his bottle and took a long drink before standing up and staggering a little to keep his balance as his head was still back as he stood. He swallowed before taking a few steps around the coffee table. "Sorry, I'm...not myself tonight. I wouldn't normally do any of this," he explained as he came to a stop before a window, looking out it at the moon.
Evie laughed a little nervously yeah, well you haven't stopped doing that all night. She didn't know what else to say to that, it was sort of creepy but at the same time she guessed it was a compliment in some weird way. She sat up when he walked to the window and she watched him silently for a few moments that makes two of us Evie told him. To her knowledge she never went home with a man she just meet at a bar, but, that was to her knowledge and that didn't say much about that when she couldn't remember anything. Just...be yourself
"Is that even possible right now?" he asked somewhat absently as he took another drink from his beer. "Because..." He sighed, uncertain what to even say yet knowing what he wanted to. Hopefully she'd just think he meant because of being drunk and having recently lost loved ones. Hopefully she wouldn't ask because he didn't think that, short of that, he could find any answer. Being himself right now wouldn't be a good idea, definitely not, because being himself meant being close to her and cuddling even if it would seem that he was saying that that wasn't himself, which he was since it kept her here, but he didn't know what to do now. She'd eventually grow bored with him and leave, and he didn't want that. This whole thing....he hated it all. He hated Trey, Death Eaters, life itself.... He didn't know if there was anything he didn't hate, to be truthful, other than Evie and Julian.
Because? Evie repeated hoping he would finish and when he didn't she finished for him because your drunk, or something else? Evie was pretty sure that this wasn't what happened when a guy picked up a girl from a bar...well, Kevin really didn't pick her up since she was the one that brought him home since he was too drunk to do it himself. But still, this was rather boring. He was laying his life story out to her and she didn't know what to do.
Under a Cursed Moon (open)

“Ben,” he replied. Maybe if he closed his eyes […]

Wolf Out! Affiliation :)

Hey :) We need new affiliates since the tinypic cl[…]

Eben's Journal

(Content warning: graphic description of a burned […]

Early lunch

Eyes again. They weren’t the friendly blues of the[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising