D.O.B.: 11th Feb 1969
GENDER & PRONOUNS: Male, He, Him
HAIR: Black, with specks of grey throughout. It's more prominent through his facial hair & goatee
EYES: Dark brown, nearly black. Red when in garou form or enraged.
HEIGHT: 6'3" (190.5 cm)
WEIGHT: 220 lbs (99.8 kg)
Rafe is of African descent. He has a dark tattoo of a serpent on his forearm, that trails down to his (dominant, shooting) hand. There are traces of burns along his arms and back, from silver damage over the years, and a couple of bullet wounds to his shoulder in human form. There's a scar over his left brow, but since he'd acquired it when he was very young, it is almost unseen unless up close.
Like the others Black Spirals, when transformed, he dons a coat of white fur and blood-red eyes.
PLAY-BY: Idris Elba
MIRROR OF ERISED: To have his wife back.
Rafe is a friendly guy, sometimes overly friendly, but don't take his smile or kindness for weakness. Out of the Lucky 7, he is by far the nicest and jolliest one of the bunch. However, that doesn't take away the fact that he is extremely deadly. He is very pack-oriented, much like the other members of his strange pack-family. Cross any of them, and he might be the first one to pull a gun on you, and give you no time to process the fact that you've messed up before it's over. This might have stemmed from the fact that he was an only child, and finding an odd relationship with the other 6 members of the Lucky 7 has given him that sense of siblingship that he didn't have growing up. He can be a pest sometimes, though mostly to his Alpha and Beta, but it's mostly in jest. He isn't the worst when it comes to pranks, however, since that's all Ioan Carver, one of the younger members of his crew. But he can take a joke, that's for sure. He can be considered easy going, laid back, and more compassionate out of the rest, but he is also very grounded and fair. He never sways from his beliefs, which has been showcased in the events that he has challenged his own Alpha (Bryden) on more than one occasion, if he thinks that he has been unfit to lead. He has also challenged Zeva a couple of times, but has been put in his place by both of them, and that has never swayed his loyalty to his pack. That being said, this garou is as happy-go-lucky as one could be, but still maintains a dangerous wolf behind those dark eyes.
• Mother-In-Law: Esther McGinnis, aged 65. Black Spiral Garou. Black Jacks pack
• Brother-In-Law: Kaden McGinnis aged 39. Black Spiral Garou. Black Jacks pack/Scout.
Rafael was the only son to Neveah and Henry McPherson, both pureblooded Garou of the Black Spiral Dancer tribe. They once hailed from the Inside Straight pack before Rafe broke off to join Jace Bryden and his crew, The Lucky 7.
Growing up, Rafe was a quiet child. Their family lived on the outskirts, which meant it was a nice open area for him to practice shooting. Rafe's father, Henry, was an excellent shot, and his mother too, as they had an affinity for guns of all types and came from a long line of gun enthusiasts and dead-shots. Alpha Lachlann McTavish used their expertise regularly, appointing them as gun runners and quality control of any imported or obtained hardware that came through for the pack.
As Rafe came into his own as a dead-shot, Henry would often take him out on their range to practice. When he was a teenager, the range is where he met Olivia McGinnis and her brother Kaden building their tracking skill to impress their Alpha, One-Eyed Jack Davos. It was unusual for them to cross paths but the stars must have been in the right alignment for the time as they two got to know each other. It was a struggle to speak with her, since she played hard to get, but eventually, Rafe won her over and the two fell in love. At the age of 18, Rafe asked Glenn and Esther for Olivia's hand in marriage. Two years after they wed, Rafe was struck with tragedy when a pair of hunters ambushed them and Olivia was killed. Rafe never speaks about the darkest period of his life, but it is always kept in his heart and mind.
Thanks to Zeva Reid, who is now known as Shadow, Rafe found good company with Jace Bryden. They remained acquaintances for some time, until the day McTavish gave the order to kill him. He and five others stood up for Jace, severing their ties with the Inside Straight to form their own pack. From there, they went their own way, picking up marks and contracts to survive.
• Rafe carries a silver bullet that he pulled from the hunter who killed his late wife, Olivia.
• He still wears his wedding ring, on a chain around his neck, usually kept out of view.
• He is a renown gunslinger with deadly precision.
• Rafe considers Jace to be one of his best mates, even though the entire pack is his family.
• He and Zeva are very close as well, and even though they're teased about it from time to time, and are paired off on most operations, he has never slept with her.
• Unlike most of the 7, he appreciates a nice outfit from time to time. However, his regular outdoors outfit (hunting or on the job) consists of a white shirt, black pants and black boots, a dark leather duster with red lining on the inside, and a red kerchief he keeps on hand.
• His favored guns, passed onto him through his father, and his father before him (etc.) are .38 S&W (380/200 Revolver Mk I), and S&W .44 Magnum. The guns were specially crafted and etched with designs specifically for the McPherson family, and became their trademark, as they were all usually seen carrying Smith & Wesson guns. Presently, Rafe usually has at least one of these guns on hand but is known to sub out to Smith & Wesson M&P 9MM for faster shooting and reload time. No matter the gun, however, he is bound to learn the hardware quickly and know it by heart.