A maze of sewers, traps, blind labyrinths, darkness, and dangerous beings protects a secret path from the sewer entry in the alleyway behind the Duck and Dagger to the entrance of the A massive stone city lays beneath the sewer system. Designed to look like a wheel, each of the four pie shaped districts points to the hub, where things are indeed centered. Carved above each gate is the phrase, "Abundans Cautela Non Nocet," (abundant caution does no harm) which is the motto of the city. The lighting of the cavern is provided by large, blue, bioluminescent mushrooms.
by: Niklaus Schmidt
12 March 2012
somewhere around noon

What time was it? He figured it had to be around noontime. His captors (or hosts, as they called themselves) were preparing food, and he was feeling a little hungry, yet he was restless. There was something about not having the sun in your life that made you feel that way, he supposed. He looked to the female in the room from his spot at the table where he sat (primarily because the small living area feet away was occupied) and sighed, lacing his fingers and used the antagonizing force to pop first one set of knuckles then the other. When not much happened, he glanced at the woman again. "I'm stepping outside," he said as he stood. "I need to move. Promise I'll stay in sight."

That was the one thing about this place. Someone was always with him, and when they weren't, they were feet away within sight. One little eight-year-old werewolf girl had made herself his shadow over the past three days. No offense to her, but he just wanted to move without having a question or random statement thrown out there. He didn't have a gym here that he knew of, which meant he hadn't been able to work out how he was used to for as long as he was used to with the equipment he was used to. Yeah, he may have taken walks and been allowed to see a couple places so far, but currently, he had little interest in exploring. All he was focused on was how to get home or how soon they would let him go, if he wasn't a prisoner.

Klaus sighed as he sat down on the makeshift porch step then stood almost just as fast. Restless. Without purpose. At least topside, he'd been in charge of the case with Cedric. Might have gone sideways and landed him down here, but at least he'd gotten information out of the werewolf. At least topside, he'd helped plan missions that had succeeded. At least topside, he had a job to go to and people to be around. Like Kit Kat. She might not like him...yet, so far as he could tell, but they'd made some headway. And then Matt. He'd just come back from the military and he'd gotten him on a bit ago. Or Cole. Good ol' Cole.

Klaus was pacing when he became self-aware enough to feel that floaty feeling of walking and grounded himself enough to realize what he was doing. He stopped and walked over to a nearby building where he punched it. No damage except to his fist. It hurt, but it wasn't broken. He shook off the pain and then leaned against the building, bringing a leg up and crossing his arms as he pouted. No, Klaus was not above pouting. At least not at the moment. Typically, he only ever did such a thing jokingly or to flirt. Now, he was full-on broody pouting. He hated feeling trapped. Lack of space had nothing to do with it.

Momentarily, Klaus wondered what they would do if he wandered off on his own, but then the warnings came back and his common sense that the best strategy for now was to give into his captors and follow their wishes. If that didn't work, then at least he'd have gained enough trust that his disappearance for a few minutes wouldn't be anything troublesome and he'd be able to get a lead on trying to run. Though he had no idea where. Maybe he'd have Maisie take him about later. He needed to find a means of exit of some sort.
by: Teague MacTail
Six days for most people wouldn't be anything worth noting. For Teague on the other hand, it had been 1 day of torture followed 5 days of ignoring anything and everything Jake had set down as rules or guilde lines... except the one about wandering into the district that housed all the witches and wizards. The tracker may have been bored but he wasn't stupid. He held no illusions that wandering into there without some sort of plan would end up in nothing but a very dead Death Eater. Never mind he'd already flirted with fanged death a few days earlier... that had been an interesting jaunt that was for sure, and rather informative now that he thought back on it. He'd learned a bit about the Nosferatu and how they functioned, where they apparently like to hang out, and as an added bouns the one called Selene had been nice enough to show him the best way to get high enough to get a real view of how the Syndicate laid itself out. Not to mention and excellent option for shaking off his guard dogs.

That had turned in to an excellent game of sorts and an exercise in good tracking skills as he learned about his guard and they learned about him. At first he'd been only able to shake them for a few minutes, but now he was up to almost and hour before they usually caught up with him. If the tracker could stretch that out to and hour and thirty, he could probably risk heading into other areas of the underground cavern he definitely didn't have any business getting into.

Teague turned the corner of a narrow street that he'd been walking down just in time to see another man take the opportunity to punch a wall. Hmm that didn't look like a smart idea based of the way the man reacted before opting to lean against said wall with a pout. That brought a grin to the trackers face. Clearly someone was having a bad day. Normally that wouldn't have had the tracker opting for conversation or interaction of any sort even if he had been a little curious to the cause, but after being stuck down in this underground hell for the past week Teague had a decent understanding of how this district in particular worked, and how it's inhabitants behaved. This broody man certainly did not fit what he'd pegged as a werewolf. He looked far to uncomfortable to call this home....

The tracker changed his course so that he would pass by the newcomer and flashed a grin. "Pubs back that way if ya need a shot or to to make the day better," he said easily while tilting his head off in the direction just behind and to the left of where the pair were standing. "You aven't seen a lil' pipsqueak about 'ave ya? Yay tall, cockney accent, annoying as hell and with her pack of goons?"
Klaus looked up at the sound of the other man's approach. He quirked a brow. "Me and what money?" he asked. Pubs were one of Klaus' favorite pastimes where he lived. Good way to settle in on a Friday night and ensure at least some company for an evening. Never more. He didn't want attachments. Still, the alcohol did have a certain draw even if the thought of picking up a woman in these parts sounded impossible, if not potentially off-putting. Of course, the man then asked about Maisie. He rolled his eyes and groaned. "Not so far, but I've been inside all day. She's practically my little shadow. Shit, man."

Klaus couldn't help but wonder why he was offering that information to the complete stranger. For all he knew, man was yet another person to make sure he was staying out of trouble, maybe one who liked to cause trouble. Never knew with these wizard sorts. They seemed to consort with all manner of creatures Klaus would like nothing more than to burn with fire at the moment. Even if it would ensure he never escaped, at least there would be some satisfaction in knowing there were a few fewer things to go bump in the night.
Teague offered the man a shrug at the mention of money. While the tracker had yet to venture inside said pub (odd considering the Irishman loved a good drink) he had figured out it was open most of the day. During his first night of "freedom" Teague had gone through everything Jake had left him and found enough coin inside to buy a new set of less ratty looking clothes and still have enough left over for whatever. Judging by the way the man spoke that must have meant he was either new down here or, much like himself, a prisoner. Prisoner more like after the response to the description of Maisie.

The tracker let out a surprised laugh. That had been unexpected. "Aye shadow is right. Bloody hard to shake let me tell ya. She and her goons have been givin my skills a work out." Teague held out his hand to the man and introduced himself. "Names Teague. Now as much as I'm enjoying the chat if you want to keep shadow free it's best we keep movin' or they're going to pick up the trail sooner than I want."

Teague didn't wait for the Klaus to see if he'd follow. either the man would or wouldn't. All the tracker new was he had at least a 20 minute lead on his pursuers and he aimed to keep it that way.
Klaus stood there a moment as the man began to take off. The question was did he follow or did he stay here? Something about the man's charisma was compelling and drew Klaus in. He wanted to know more, even if this did end up being some sort of ass-backwards trap. So, Klaus pushed himself off the wall and began to walk briskly to catch up with Teague before matching the man's pace. "Klaus," he said. "Why are you running from her? Aren't you a wizard or werewolf or something that belongs down here?"

Cedric had certainly made this place sound like a safe haven in their chats, so it didn't make sense that they would have any other prisoners. Klaus? Klaus was a "guest," as some tried to put it. Others tried to liken it to an "ambassador." Yet he still wasn't free in the ways a guest or an ambassador might be. So far as he was concerned, he was a prisoner solely so Lina and Cedric could get their revenge on MI5 through him even though he was hardly anyone in charge or high enough on the totem pole for Jones to even give much of a damn about being gone. In fact, it was probably nice and quiet and most people were probably thankful not to have heard his voice for the one work day that had passed since.

Then again, the office wouldn't have expected him on Friday anyway, given the fact he had made it more than clear being a hunter was his number one priority when he was hired and given the fact Cedric and Lina were missing following said full moon. He'd have been a fool to return immediately. Some hunter he was or whatever self-defaming thoughts they might have imagined he'd have, "letting" Cedric escape with the help of his girlfriend. He'd been put on a later shift Wednesday and Thursday to help ensure he was at his best on Thursday.
Klaus was rewarded with a raised brow and a slight look of disbelief as Klaus caught up with him and asked his question and the chuckle that followed was as genuine as the tracker had ever been. Did this guy seriously just ask him if he was a wizard? Why the hell would he ask that? the tracker supposed there were muggleborns down in this hell hole so maybe it wasn't a far stretch to assume there were muggles as well? After all muggles could be turned into werewolves as well... maybe this guy was a new one and had yet to learn about the mess he'd been dragged into. Weird.

"Yeah, wizard for sure, but still here by choice? Not on your life. I'm assuming the little posse assigned to me is for you're lovely boss to keep tabs on me make sure I play nice and so most of the inhabitants down here don't kill me." Teague chose his words carefully. He was fishing and Klaus answer would hopefully give him an indication as to whether or not this was some ploy of Jake's? He'd deliberately made it seem like he thought Klaus was part of the Syndicate.

"So... Werewolf? Vampire? Or ya just a wizard that is going to off me soon as we're out of everyone's sight?" The questions were laced with humor and it was clear Teague didn't think Klaus was any of those and the only thing that left was muggle. "Nah wait, I know, yer a muggle right? Who'd yo get unlucky enough to end up down here?"
Klaus' look was a mixture of incredulity and annoyance as Teague referred to someone as his "boss." He had no clue who it was at this point. He just knew Cedric wasn't said boss. Apparently he wasn't yet a big enough blip on the radar to warrant the boss' attention or something. Or perhaps his visit was overdue. Didn't matter, regardless. All that did was that this Teague apparently was and was definitely a captive like himself. Interesting. At Teague's amusement as he went through the questions of guessing what Klaus was earned him a raised eyebrow. Why was this so amusing?

"Yeah, I'm a muggle. Werewolf hunter. Apparently paying for the sins of the organization I'm a contractor for since we kept one of their Garou and his witch of a girlfriend captive for a month for research purposes. Against my better judgment, mind you. I told them we needed to kill him soon as we got him. I mean, he fought off so many tranqs, it was ridiculous. There was no way we were containing him. We'd prepared for a normal werewolf, not a Garou or whatever the hell he said he was." Klaus rolled his eyes. "Now, look where I am and Cedric and Lina thanks to boss lady never listening to her hunter."
And there was the reaction he'd been looking for. Perfect. At least now Teague had enough to go off of to give Klaus the benefit of the doubt when it come to the Syndicate. Clearly the man was jut as clueless as he used to be in regards to their captors.The tracker wasn't as surprised by Klaus' admission he was a Werewolf hunter as maybe he should have been. After all it wasn't like there hadn't been tonnes of muggle and magical folk that went out of there way to do that sort of thing. What was more interesting was what the man spoke of after.

They had caught a Garou? Hadn't Soren said the Garou we're a secretive bunch? Maybe Klaus had heard wrong? But the way he was talking led the tracker to believe there was no mistake. Also the name Cedric sounded so familiar... where had he heard that name before? If he was a Garou maybe Soren had known him? Information for the next time he was able to slip a letter top side.... And who or what was the organization he worked for? Did he mean the muggle government? And they had a place to contain a werewolf? So many questions and not enough answers...

"Seem we share that much in common, my boss decided to up and go AWOL against better judgement. Stupid git..."
"Who's your boss?" Klaus inquired. There was too much talk of bosses going on here, but Teague hadn't exactly laid out who he was and why he was important enough to be held hostage down here, too. Sure, his boss going AWOL might have led to it, but who was his boss and why were they poking this hornet's nest with a stick? Assuming they were at fault. Funny how the mind did that sometimes despite the fact that all evidence pointed toward this group being the aggressor given his own situation. Yet his own situation was an isolated incident, he figured. They hadn't had any other agents go missing, and he doubted they were just going around snatching muggles for some sort of zoo.

They were still walking, he realized, and the pace just slow enough for them to talk comfortably yet quick enough to tell this man meant business in staying away from their shadow. "And where are we going?"
"Who's yours?" the tracker shot back easily. While he waited fr the natural rebuttal, Teague weighed the options of telling said muggle the real truth. Obviously if he was down here for any great length of time he was probably going to find out all the lovely details anyway but it was still hard for the tracker to just offer that information to anyone. Especially is he wasn't going to get anything in return.

The tracker had been certain to keep their pace steady yet nothing so fast that it would draw the attention of anyone looking for something out of the ordinary. when Klaus asked where they were going Teague simply replied "Somewhere not here," as if it was the most obvious thing ever. Maybe this muggle wasn't on the up and up with the how to blend in skill, and hadn't he mentioned earlier that a trick to keeping there shadow gone was to keep moving? Merlin people could be so damn impatient sometimes.

He was about to explain again why they needed to keep moving when he noticed one of the goon squad ahead. He tipped his head down and grabbed Klaus by the arm so he could turn both of them around. Teague made sure to keep their pace the same and as soon as they could he pulled them off down a less crowded side street. "Sorry about that mate, goon squad was up there." He was sure Klaus would want to know how he knew that but rather than explain, the tracker opted to change the subject. "We need to get out of the district... you game? Oh and the reason for the moving is it makes it hard to pick us out of a crowd, added bonus of helping us blend in."
Klaus let his head fall back and rose his hands up in a "why?" motion when Teague turned the question back on him. Seriously, why did people do that? The old school ground rule of "you asked first" should totally still apply as an adult. Yet it had never fully worked on the play ground either. Socially accepted superiority. Go figure.

Klaus was about to say something to that effect when Teague grabbed him and turned them around. Klaus gave him a bit of a weird look as he hadn't spotted the member of their shadow goon group (SGG for short because, why the hell not?) that Teague had but nodded his understanding when Teague explained why they'd turned around. "Suppose I have nothing better to do," he said when all was said and done. "Let's do this, but you're telling me your boss first. I happen to have asked first."
Prefect. There was only one thing better than slipping out into somewhere you were told not to go, and that was sneaking another person out with you so if things went wrong you had a fall guy to take the blame. Teague lead them to the end of the side street they were on and popped them out behind a small group that was making there way to the exit the duo wanted. The tracker chuckled at Klaus's antics and decided that he could let himself be strung along, especially if the man was willing to part with some information of his own. Besides he didn't have to give exactly truthful answers right of the bat. Give a lie just enough truth to stand on its own and they could play this game all day and be none the wiser about each other.

"Lets call it the government and leave it at that for now. You?" The tracker turned the question back on his companion as the walked out the gate that set them on a course to the central hub. the tracker slowed their pace considerably so that those they walked out with could outdistance them with ease. Now that they were out of the werewolf area it would be much easier to keep an eye out for potential tails.
Klaus rose a brow at the man. Well, if that's how he wanted to play it, then Klaus would answer in the same vein. "Government," he said simply. If he wanted more, he could ask, but Klaus was going to be a minimalist if this one wasn't going to talk. He may have started out chatty, but this Teague fellow wasn't putting out in kind. But rather than get stuck on that fact, Klaus decided to focus his energy on matching pace because he was starting to slow. There was a reason, he was sure, and as they hadn't been found by the kid and the SGG, Klaus would simply mirror and follow like a good little duckling.

But it was so quiet. And Klaus hated quiet. He hated nothing more than being left too long to his own mind--especially if he was in another's company--and it was killing him not to be conversing in some fashion. Surely, this other man would talk soon, wouldn't he? He had to. Because Klaus wouldn't be the first to break any silence. No sir-ee! Nope. Teague could speak first.
So this muggle was a government man as well? Now wasn't that both interesting and terrifying all at the same time. Why the hell would Jake have a muggle werewolf hunter as a prisoner? Teague chose to keep his thoughts to himself and instead fired back another question at Klaus. "Wait, let me get his straight, your government has a werewolf division?" It was hard to think of the muggles being that advanced but then again it wasn't like werewolves weren't known by both magical and non-magical folk. There had been enough stories from werewolves that indicated muggles had figured them out and would often shoot first and ask questions later, same as wizards.

Teague continued to watch his companion out of the corer of his eye for any tells or ticks the man might give to get a better understanding of his motivations. So far it was hard to get a read. He genuinely seemed uncomfortable when they first met and from the way he talked the tracker got he impression he wasn't a high up or anything. It was hard not to chuckle at that. Teague still wished he was just a minion. Life had been so much easier when Voldemort or Trevor just gave him a target to find and that was that.
Klaus snorted at the thought. "Something like that," he said. He had half a mind to clarify the government wasn't interested in hunting the brutes, but until Teague showed more inclination toward talking, Klaus wasn't about to entirely show his sleeve. "Doesn't your government? Or you all like this? Letting them take up residence amongst you?" He doubted it. Then again, who knew. They were magical, and the others were classified supernatural by most people's books when they went into the movie or book store. So, perhaps the magical and the supernatural didn't get along either? Who would blame them? Even magic, he reckoned, couldn't simply stop a werewolf. You needed the right elements, the right tools, the right materials. Hunting was a science.
Eben's Journal

(Content warning: graphic description of a burned […]

Early lunch

Eyes again. They weren’t the friendly blues of the[…]

Under a Cursed Moon (open)

3 July, 2:03 am Look at them all. Idiots. Every s[…]

Delilah preferred to stay calm, cool, and nonchal[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising