The Ministry formally advises that all contact with muggles and their world be kept to a minimum. Muggles are an admittedly useless creature, far inferior to our abilities and knowledge. The Ministry advises those who have made it clear they are blood traitors are not to be reckoned with or kept informed of the goings on within our world as they have made their choice.
by: Niklaus Schmidt
Klaus grinned as he brought his own cup up to his lips to take a sip. She was a smart one, but then, Klaus had never expected otherwise. Tabora herself had been witty and street smart, intriguing enough to provoke an interest in taking her to his bed only to have her snag his work fob. But this proved either Tabora and Citlali had different missions entirely or Tabora had a bigger chunk of the puzzle piece than Citlali herself or that Citlali was wanting to bait him into offering more information of what he knew. He listened and sat his cup down on the tiny round table between them and rested his fingers criss-crossed over his midsection. He couldn't blame her for having a sparked interest in Tabora. He had given just enough information as it was. He snorted lightly in amusement at the remark, choosing to let her drink from her coffee and deciding to mirror the image a few seconds later before resuming his previous position as she finished speaking.

"Hungry?" Klaus replied, shaking his head, a smile on his face as he licked his lips. "I suppose that's one way to describe it." He was no stranger to the fact Nagual were dangerous. While he might not have faced them down, he'd watched his more-than-capable "blind" friend take her on once, and he'd heard of the way she'd left him near death one night when he was out and about. Matt definitely knew how to fight, and he had a little assistance. That fact alone showed how deadly they could be when they were hungry.

"Was that what that was back there? With that man?"
by: Citlali Separa
Perched on the oversized chair, Citlali tucked her long legs under her thoughtfully. In their moment of peace she had allowed her vision to wander and swim. A foggy, distant expression cloaked her features as she looked at him. No, through him.

For Citlali, Klaus was fairly average. He had the typical scars and injuries that most humans seemed to sustain in this part of the world. There were a few spots that intrigued her; fresher scars, some even still wounds. The gentle spirit, Po, that Citlali kept at her side hummed in satisfaction at the human. He was decent enough then. Po would have warned her otherwise.

Her eyes slowly focused again, barely catching the end of his words. The Nagual stared at him for a few moments as she processed her own awareness. ”That is the best way to describe it. No, that was not what that man was earlier. I was simply tasked with dealing with a problem,” she explained in vague terms, ”He is a poison on the world and the people around him. He needs to be removed.”
Klaus sipped his coffee as the girl seemed to struggle with her ability to remain in the conversation. The pauses thus far hadn't been long, but they had been noticeable, mostly in the way her eyes seemed to go out of focus. What was she looking at? He glanced behind him as Citlali replied but saw nothing of interest. If she was distracted, it wasn't by a person. That would have been obvious. There'd have been flirting or something else that gave that away, he figured. Most people weren't as subtle as they thought in Klaus' experience. Hell, he knew he wasn't anywhere near as subtle as one might assume he thought he was.

"Huh," Klaus replied with a contemplative nod as he brought his coffee cup back to his lips. "What?" he asked, cracking an awkward half-smile as he set his cup back down. "You catch him in the act of murder or something?" Wasn't like she was a mind reader, clearly. Yet she seemed firm in her belief toward this man being a "poison on the world." She clearly had to be acting on more than a hunch, right? He hoped?
Citlali watched him glance around with an amused smirk. Trying to figure out what she was looking at no doubt. There was some small part of her that got sick joy from making people around her uncomfortable at her perceived vacancy. She tilted her head with an easy smirk as she sipped her drink, looking relaxed but a predatory expression flashing with his fidgeting. She took another measured sip from her drink as she considered his question about her hunt.

Murder? Hardly. Murder didn’t bother her. She had boiled down her own beliefs to three tenets that needed to be followed. Not to lie, not to steal, and not to be lazy. Those choices made life fairly simplistic when Citlali had to decide a course of action. But it was the challenge of explaining those beliefs that was tripping her up with Klaus’s insight.

”Or something,” she finally replied, ”He is a monster who hides behind a perfect job and perfect behavior. He lies about his own nature and torments those closest to him in secret. So I was going to handle it before you decided to intervene in something that was none of your business. I am curious as what made you either brave or stupid enough to step between my prey and I.”
Klaus shrugged. "Some might say I'm a bit impulsive," he replied, "but I prefer 'calculated risk.'" He took a sip of his coffee and rested the cup against his knee. "See, it's not every day you find the woman doing the stalking, especially not women with markings such as your own" Klaus indicated the jaguar spot tattoos with a shrug. "Considering I found the last of your kind disconcerting at best and certainly lacking a bit in the judgment department, I figured it was worth it to intercede." Maybe it had been "stupid" as Citlali said, but Klaus could care less. His preferred monthly activity involved hunting down individuals who transformed into wolves and killing them. Sometimes he could manage to sneak up and shoot them outright, if they were focused on prey, but that was rarely the case that they were so distracted that they couldn't notice another person approaching. But he hadn't been stupid enough to attack her, so "stupid" perhaps was a moot point. And at least he was being honest enough. He could have easily copped a joke about being male and her appearance, but that was hardly appropriate if he wanted to keep up conversation.

"But, evidently I was wrong. Have you been stalking him as part of your lovely little mission to right things here in England?" Another sip as he awaited her response.
He worked under a lot of assumptions for someone who had openly admitted to knowing next to nothing about her people. But that seemed to be a common fault in humans here. Assuming what they had seen before was the unchanging truth rather than an individual. But then working under limited information also made it so he had to fill the gaps with something in order to survive engaging with stronger creatures. The nagual supposed forgiving him for his annoyance in her hunt would be reasonable then. Plus she could always deal with her prey at a later time. She knew enough about the monster to finish what she had started; it would just be less ideal settings next time.

Citlali cocked her head at his question, ”In a way,” she answered vaguely. Because protecting people and cleansing spirits would always be her job. Even when she had other missions to attend to. The well being of the spirits around her was more important than all else.

”Though as much as you have done to earn my displeasure perhaps you could make it up to me. You seem knowledgeable enough about what is happening to your world, maybe you could point me in the direction of strange occurrences even you cannot explain? That would help quite a bit with getting me out of your way,” she stated calmly as she finished her drink and set the empty cup on the tiny table between them.
Klaus snorted his laughter at Citlali's proposal and took a sip of his coffee. He couldn't say the request was unexpected and it was smart of her to try to utilize the situation to her advantage, but it was amusing and he did need a moment to decide whether or not there was any information he could give her without clearance. Things he knew weren't what the average..."muggle" knew, after all, and while werewolves had been something he'd discovered on his own in a galaxy far, far away and Tabby had inserted her way into his and Matt's lives to get what she wanted, much of his current expanded knowledge of the world around him that hid and went bump in the night came from the lovely job at MI5 Paranormal. But she didn't need to know that. He could probably tell her anything and not have to give away his workplace. It seemed she and Tabby had little connection other than what they were, which though surprising, had its benefits at the moment given Tabby's decision to sleep with him to try to steal his fob that led to discovering Matt's superhuman powers. If she didn't have contact, then she couldn't be after the same thing...could she? Well, she could, but perhaps she was smarter in her tactics.

"Well," Klaus said as he set his cup on his knee and stretched to one side, eliciting a quiet pop from his shoulder, "there was a place..." He cleared his throat lightly. "About a block away from here was where a wolf and his girlfriend teleported me to some topsy turvy place underground for a month or so. All sorts of unexplained things down there. Werewolf quarters, goblins, Satyrs.... Magic." His eyes went wide as he brought his free hand up and made an explosion motion with it then he chuckled. It was true, but hey. "But I don't know what brand of unexplained you're wanting, see? I could probably procure a better pointer if I knew what you were looking for."
Citlali couldn’t help the slight amused smile at Klaus’s gesture towards magic. He really was just a normal human who knew a bit too much. Which was amusing considering from what she understood of this country the magical world was nearly as secretive as her people. Too bad it seemed they were far worse at keeping their secrets safe than her people. A moment of pride flitted through her before she considered his words. Another secret place he somehow knew about? Well that was awfully convenient for her questions. Not to mention his comfortable dismissal of her world as ‘strange’. If her world was strange then his world was boring. Either way, it did not settle well in Citlali’s stomach how flippant he was about her question. Letting out a hum, Citlali leaned forward unfolding slowly to brace on her knees, the movement silken and pronounced as her obsidian eyes never faltered from him.

”Now I would like to believe you are not a stupid man. So I will assume it is your… newness with this world that makes it seem like anything you just said to me was unexplainable or strange. Especially considering you managed to explain it in the same breath,” she said. Her hum had shifted into a low noise in her chest, a barely audible warning growl rumbling in her chest, her Hunger demanding seriousness from the man in front of Citlali. Even if it meant having to remind him there was more of a jaguar sitting across from him than a woman. ”I am still very keyed up from a hunt that was left incomplete. So perhaps you would like to have a bit more respect for me and my world by trying to think of occurrences that seemed out of place even among what you consider strange,” she said harshly then smiled at him, all fangs, ”Por favor.” She leaned back, draping into her chair in complete relaxation with the same smile as she watched him.
Klaus snorted lightly, his amusement evident. Ok, girl was turning a bit more serious now, then. He could handle that, but it still was funny somehow. Or maybe that was the only way he could process discomfort. He preferred a lighthearted approach with some of this stuff that he didn't quite understand entirely. He thought for a moment, not sure what to say. Dare he mention anything MI5 Paranormal? Some of that had to be odd to her. But he couldn't specify this was at all related to the government. A little bit of a hook and bait to see what she was looking for precisely. It wasn't his call to give up information beyond that. "Well...," he said for a moment, thinking of how to phrase so he didn't overstep. "I guess for your kind, the fact some of us 'muggles' know about you despite your statutes to begin with." He shrugged. "Or the fact any of us even organized to begin with because apparently the wizards and witches decided to break some sort of contact with our world. Some sort of overthrow of their government here on our island or something? I dunno." Hey, if she really wanted to help them, he was taking a risk, but he wouldn't give further detail. He wanted to see if any of that seemed to alarm her or garner much of a reaction from her. For all she knew he and a group of people had noticed something odd, had believed some rando off the street with information, and had dug deeper and found some truth. Still, without knowing her motives, he wasn't going to give her the juicier bits that he knew would probably send her Spidey senses tingling.

Klaus took a drink out of his coffee cup, watching Citlali, studying her, before quirking a brow as he once again set it down. "That a little closer to something you're interested in?"
Citlali took in the information with a neutral expression. She had known the wizarding world here was secretive but nothing like how her people were. They had not remained completely closed off from the outsiders despite what they attempted to say. They kept contact in some aspects; a back and forth between higher ups checking on each others’ statuses in order in ensure the balance. But if the government had been overthrown and no contact reestablished then that balance was completely gone. Perhaps that was the cause of the fracture in the spirit realm as well? It was a start of a clue at least, along with the rest of the pieces. Pieces to a puzzle Citlali did not even have a reference picture for. There was a lot going on but all of it was so tied to the physical world’s balance. Why weren’t the Garou dealing with that? Perhaps their oversight was where the spirit realm had begun to crack?

She let out a small purr in thought, ”So if I am understanding you correctly,” she began, relaxing even more into the plush chair, ”You are a werewolf hunter who just happens to have a run in with one of my own. Your mate managed to survive that somehow along with your own encounter with this Tabora’s questionable use of potions. I can only guess that the targets surviving is because of the girl’s inexperience. So not only is there an unknown Nagual in the area which would mean she was specifically dispatched here but you also have an unknown contact that knows enough about us that you can identify us on sight now? Now that is something that never happens.”

“Then there is an underground city that you were kidnapped to by a wolf and his witch girlfriend and subsequently escaped from. Both of whom have not come after you again since your escape I am assuming as you are not currently imprisoned. Or perhaps they released you. But then why would they do that?” she continued with an amused tone, “This city somehow hosts all sorts of creatures that otherwise do not get along together, much less live underground with each other. And as far as you know as a… what is the world here? Muggle? The wizarding world no longer contacts your own due to a power imbalance created by a government being overthrown but you have no clue despite your vast insight into other things who or what is running the show now. So in response a group, as you just implied, of Muggles has formed up to do what exactly? Collect information and do what with it? Not to mention how a group of you even had enough exposure to the magical world to start that you knew something was wrong when this all began.”

Citlali watched his expression thoughtfully then continued before he could bother to interrupt her, ”Now my real question for you is why are you not dead? Hunting werewolves alone should have put a black mark on you, knowing of my people would be twice over, but all this information? There is no way you should be able to be sitting here telling me things. So it calls to question what is keeping you safe? Any non-magical person knowing all this information and yet somehow you have escaped every dangerous situation you found yourself in? Either they are sending in true amateurs because you are human, they do not care that you know about these things which is a complete different concern, or something else entirely is going on that is keeping you and your group safe enough from backlash. So which is it? You have given me quite a bit of information but just enough information with holes in it to make me not want to trust you. Even though I know you are telling the truth. So would you like to fill in those holes or continue to try and dodge around?”

Another toothy smile split her face as she watched him, letting her gaze fade into that same glassy look as she watched his spirit. Po was still hovering, still didn’t think this man was a bad person. Just deceptive and if Citlali was going to place trust in his information, and even potentially share her own to form this alliance, then she would have to test the boundaries. If he lied to her now when he hadn’t all night, well, he would be in for quite a shock.

”You could start by telling me who you work for at this top secret job that has given you so much access to the magical world.”
Klaus almost wished he had a rabbit's foot right now--almost. It would have been perfect. Or some worn out underwear that he wore every hunt or some other ritualistic good luck thing he could claim to credit with his so-called luck. But he didn't and he figured making things up now would be fairly worthless. So, instead, he pulled forth his best James Bond impression of a voice and said, "Well, if I told you, then I'd have to kill you." He was relying on charm alone to help him get away with that little joke.

It truthfully was pretty much luck, though. Luck and years of experience that allowed him to survive werewolf hunts, luck that had allowed him to befriend the Garou that he had helped capture enough that he decided to give him payback with a month in "captivity" only to release him knowing full well he would be giving a full report back to Jones and the Hounds, luck that he hadn't lost his best mate at either encounter with Tabora... About the only thing that wasn't luck was him being able to find obscure research materials. When he'd been younger and trying to find absolutely everything he could on werewolves, he'd found some shops that carried books other places didn't, references to mythology the shop owners claimed forgotten by the masses. He had no way of knowing what of the little stories he'd read about Nagual contained truth or not without Citlali confirming things, and honestly it had been a guess from her behavior and the sight of the tattoos as he'd neared her that had led him down the path toward guessing what she was. The only other thing that wasn't luck was Matt's otherness that had enabled him to survive Tabora's attacks, but he couldn't say anything on that.

In all seriousness, his hands were tied on going too much further into detail. He'd given her quite a lot over the course of their conversation. "In all seriousness, though, I've said all I'm at liberty to say without first contacting the group I run with. If you care to wait, I can see if I can't gain some clearance. Unless you want to talk about werewolves. That bit I discovered on my own." He waited a moment before lifting himself up enough to reach in his pocket for his phone to text Jones. Found another cat. Seems deeply interested in knowledge we might have and seems much less insane than the one that went after Matt. Seems to be trying to prevent something. Permission to bring in?
Citlali bristled at his threat baring her teeth with a low growl but his demeanor never shifted from that light, easy… Oh, it was a joke. Oh. She blinked then relaxed only slightly and a small smile graced her features at him. How he had managed to keep such a calm and almost funny persona she wasn’t entirely sure. But it was impressive control for a human. But then she was starting to see that he was as much of a hunter as she was.

Her eyes glanced down at the slight movement of his arm. That reminded her, she would have to get a phone so she could more easily stay in touch with her cousin while she was staying here. But Citlali shelved the concern for a later time. Her dark eyes settled back on his face with a look of confusion. He was worried about saying too much now? After everything he had told her, which seemed to be purely by accident rather than baiting her along. An attempt to be vague which he was simply no good at where Citlali had been trained to dissect each word and sentence structure from her childhood. Not to mention she cheated and could see the lies in his spirit.

”What would this clearance entitle? I also would not assume that I will simply be given this information for free. I was not being untruthful when I said my information would only be shared with allies. However, you will need to make those intentions more clear if that is what we will be moving towards,” she said quietly. If this human was interested in such a step it would work out better for Citlali. Not that she’d be telling him that she was an exile rogue with no connections left to her people. She still had a few tricks his group would probably find useful if she deemed them worth her time though from what he presented face value was quite high.
Klaus glanced at his phone halfway through Citlali's question. He knew Jones was a busy woman and just because he texted didn't mean she'd read it now or even realize she had a text period for upwards 30 minutes to an hour, but instinct told him to glance. Nothing. He'd have to make a call himself if he felt that anything less would lose them this potential opportunity to expand their knowledge on the supernatural witchy witchery stuff the department had been founded for. Might cost him his job or get him a reprimand with time off if he had to do such a thing, but whatever. He was curious, and he knew he wasn't getting any more from this girl without giving some in return. At least simply bringing her in would allow Jones to monitor what was said to her, right? Maybe he'd blindfold her or something if it came down to it.

"For free? Well, no. I'm sure my people would want information from you, but hopefully what my people would lead in with would be enough to convince you we are allies," he said then took a drink of coffee, swirling the cup a bit afterward. Maybe two swallows left if he was lucky. Why did the coffee always have to run out? "You'll have to note my group is secretive and wary for likely the same reasons as you. We have no idea of knowing who's right and who's wrong and only people's word to go off, so don't be surprised if my boss decides to meet here or somewhere else rather than letting you come in to meet the crew."
”If your boss allowed me to meet your crew directly before meeting with me their self first, I would think they are biggest fool I had ever had the displeasure of running into and that your crew is lucky they are not dead from their leader’s incompetence,” she commented calmly. The nagual gave him a saccharine smile then as her black gaze continued to pierce into his behavior. He’d checked his phone without much success from the slight line in his brow and lack of comment. That begged the question of what would happen if he went unanswered. Would Klaus make a call and go around his boss’s permission or would they end up sitting here stuck in a stare down until he received an acknowledgement? If the answer was him wanting to wait for permission, she would just leave. She didn’t have time to deal with an organization that thought they were all shadows and secrets but couldn’t make their own on-the-fly calls.

And while they might not have the ability to tell right and wrong just from meeting someone, or rather good and evil spirits, Citlali certainly could. Perhaps that’s why she had let this discussion drag out so long. Because despite his jokes and snark, Klaus was good. No worse for wear than most spirits and he was trying to do the right thing it appeared. So maybe being impatient wouldn’t work out in this situation. Or perhaps curiosity was just getting to her. A slight glance to the side gave her a silent tilt of the head from Po but no helpful advice.

A small sigh escaped her, revealing her annoyance. Mira. You interrupted my hunt. I am already annoyed and on edge from not having finished what I was set out to accomplish. This back and forth of you attempting to figure out what to do is tiresome. I am going to get another drink. You have until I am finished with that to figure out what is going on before I leave,” she said simply. Because if she thought honestly, if he didn’t want to help her she could always follow him and steal the information if need be. Without waiting for a reply, Citlali got to her feet and headed back to the counter ordering herself and Klaus both new drinks since she could hear how low his had gotten when he swished it around. She returned then setting his down and curling up in her chair again.
Under a Cursed Moon (open)

“Ben,” he replied. Maybe if he closed his eyes […]

Wolf Out! Affiliation :)

Hey :) We need new affiliates since the tinypic cl[…]

Eben's Journal

(Content warning: graphic description of a burned […]

Early lunch

Eyes again. They weren’t the friendly blues of the[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising