The Ministry formally advises that all contact with muggles and their world be kept to a minimum. Muggles are an admittedly useless creature, far inferior to our abilities and knowledge. The Ministry advises those who have made it clear they are blood traitors are not to be reckoned with or kept informed of the goings on within our world as they have made their choice.
by: Citlali Separa
17 May 2012
7:43 pm

Being in the city was going to kill her long before her work was ever finished here. There was nowhere to run, so few things to hunt. Without any animals to chase, the Hunger had been gnawing at her instead. Citlali snarled to herself. You should really just give into it. Accept the dark power your people continue to deny. She snapped at the spirit, baring her teeth at the imp until it relented and disappeared. With a small twitch of her head, she focused again, almond eyes narrowing even more. Despite the city being so different from her mountainous home, she had finally managed to find something to hunt.

Well... someone. The spirits had brought him to her in a way as they always provided. It had been his scent; male, aggressive, and with a hint of blood on him that had drawn her interest. Initially she had thought to approach him to see what surprises he had in store for her. Citlali turned away from that idea when she saw the child that often accompanied him; his son she believed. She watched him as he manhandled the child, shoving and cursing. How when they returned home he would fall into the ill smell liquids the humans seemed to enjoy so much. His wife would plead and sob to protect herself and her child. With bared teeth, the Hunger had demanded for this vile creature's blood. After all she wasn't breaking the rules. This man was no human.

So Citlali had spent the past week tormenting him. Stalking him to and from work with enough of her predatory nature out to make him chafe. His tires had been sliced to ribbons impossibly, dead animals left for him to find in various locations from out in the open to the mutilated possum she had left in his shirt drawer, and various other things to instill the same terror he gave to his family. Now, with his car in the shop, he was being forced to walk home from the bus stop through the quiet part of the park. Just like she had planned. The Hunger surged and purred at the closeness of the kill. The man had tucked his head down, annoyance and anger suffused in his scent. He's going home to hurt them again. Do something. Let it out.

The imp was whispering to her again and this time Citlali was more inclined to listen. After all even in her home rabid animals had to be killed before they poisoned others. She moved then enjoying the pain of her nails biting into her palms before approaching the man. Citlali delighted in her human appearance for once, it would probably frighten him more when she ripped his throat out. A delicious shudder ran down her spine as she stalked towards him. She sauntered easily, her long legs in jeans and a plain long sleeve that kept most of her tattoos hidden except for the spots on her collar. He glanced back at her as she followed him hearing the dull thud of her boots, first looking surprised then annoyed. He turned to ignore her and she used her superior speed to close the distance a little more. He turned back at the sudden predatory pressure at his back, jumping and freezing at her sudden proximity. A laughing snarl escaped her as she stalked closer, fingers itching. She could already taste the blood as her teeth cut into her tongue delightfully.

The man turned to bolt. Catch him. Kill him. Make him as scared as he made them. It wasn't the imp this time. It was the Hunger, the looming dark figure. She snarled in delight and hunched to pounce on her prey.
by: Niklaus Schmidt
The words odd and strange likely should have exited Klaus' vocabulary the second he'd found out werewolves existed. If not then, then at the very least when he became a contractor with the Hounds and it became apparent witches and other things that went "bump" in the night were also real. Yet somehow as Klaus found himself standing at a street light waiting for the pedestrian signal to change for him watching a girl who seemed strange and whose behavior seemed odd. It was predatory, a trait that he had only seen in one other woman who wasn't a wolf. That woman had also happened to have jaguar spots and dark hair and a certain nice skin tone. To be sure, their body types were different or Klaus might have thought he had more to worry about. Yet despite knowing it wasn't Tabby, Klaus was not about to simply ignore the strange girl.

The light turned just as the girl disappeared out of sight. His coffee in hand, Klaus dashed across the cross walk and in the direction where the girl had headed. Some of the hot liquid managed to splash out despite the little plastic stopper, but Klaus barely registered that it had. Spotting the girl in question, he slowed his pace. She looked like she was hooked, intent on her...prey? Some man who looked about ready to bolt. Did he know what she was? Or was he just scared some crazy bitch looked like she was auditioning for the part of velociraptor in Jurassic Park? He had half a mind to let the chick catch him but intervene before she harmed him just to find out, but that probably wasn't the best of ideas. So, in typical Klaus fashion, he instead chose to approach the girl in a quick, "suave" fashion to put a hand on her shoulder. He barely waited for a reaction to take his hand away. "Sorry. It's just...you resembled someone I hate."
So close. The man would bolt and she would be able to chase him. Direct him to a quieter area before sinking her claws into him. The imp and shadow were whispering to her in excited voices, describing all the terrible things that they demanded she do. Citlali let out a low growl before a silvery wisp appeared out of the corner of her eye; it was one of the few kind spirits that visited her that she had started to call Po. Po looked at her with their blank face. Behind you little one. Behind. The soft warning hit her about the same time as the new scent coming at her back. How had the human gotten that close to her without her noticing? Was she really that focus or was she slipping more into the Hunger than she intended. Normally the touch on her shoulder would have resulted in the person being launched away or their arm coming free from the body it was partnered with. Instead Citlali bared her teeth, hissing in surprise as the man pulled his hand away just as quickly as it had been placed on her shoulder.

"Sorry. It's just...you resembled someone I hate."

The words pulled Citlali closer to a human mindset. She blinked a few times even as the shadow roared in rage, the other man was running away she could hear. His terror finally had forced him to bolt. And she was now missing the hunt. Getting away! Have to punish! Hurt the human! He got in the way! The imp demanded, trying to focus her rage on this man in front of her now. She turned her head to the side, shushing the spirits in annoyance and exposing the leopard spots on her throat to the man. She shut her eyes for a moment, counting her breaths to pull herself more into the material plane.

Her black eyes shot to him, looking him over slowly gaze predatory but the rage dimming quickly. He didn’t appear to be a threat and smelled purely human. But his words hinted that either he was an idiot that couldn’t tell women apart or that he knew what she was. And humans weren’t supposed to know about her people. Citlali straightened to her full height to look at him with squared shoulders. ”Well I certainly do not know you. Is there something I can help you with or have I gained your ire simply for my looks?” she questioned critically.
"Well, I wouldn't say it's...your looks. You certainly look better than the other broad. She was a bit...how should I say? Young? For my tastes." Klaus shrugged, a smirk tugging at his lips. "But you sure have her demeanor. Some might say...raptor. I, on the other hand, might say...cat-like. Like a jaguar, to be specific...hunting her prey. And see, other broad? Tabora? Well, she was a bit off her rocker, so I couldn't simply just let you jump that man's bones without stopping in to say hello, offer you a cuppa, and see what's going on, hmm?" He took the lid off his coffee and took a long sniff of it. She'd have to be the most defective cat out there to not smell it, he figured, so he simply took a sip. "Dammit, they forgot my sugar," he mused, making a disgusted face. And it was one of the bitterer brew days. "Why don't we head back across the street, I'll get my sugar and get you a cuppa whatever, and we'll find out what you're doing here. Because, frankly, I've only seen your kind bring about trouble."

It was a neutral place, not so secluded as over here. Any woman would find it safer, though Tabby probably would have planted her feet in right here and insisted they finish their business here or she would have bolted either simply to bolt or to resume her hunting, and he would have had to chase after her. He had no proof Tabby's kind were all mad, but hey, he certainly had no proof yet to the contrary.

((Sorry for wait. Still have no laptop, and I'm not sure when to expect bf's dad back, but I'll post when I'm able! Bf went ahead and ordered a laptop for me, so unless his dad looks at it and says no, then I should hopefully have more regularity soon.))
Strange human. He seemed to know that she (or, at least, whatever he believed she was) was dangerous. Yet he was presenting a polite front and even complimented her much to Citlali’s amusement. Curiosity had already tried to kill this cat, Citlali doubt it would be stupid enough to try again. She managed a brief smile before getting distracted as Po did quick circles around the man, assessing and testing. Human. Decent human. Don’t hurt him. Ask him. Ask. Ask him. She frowned at the spirit’s insistence that she interrogate this human. But the lack of information about what she was supposed to be asking about stopped her tongue quickly. Maybe it was about the name he had been talking about. Not that she caught it with Po talking over him.

It was the bitter smell of too long roasted coffee that brought her back to the present. Her eyes focused again, finally losing the slight vacant look she gained when the spirits drew her mind away. A deep rush of air entered her lungs; the smells of the park, coffee, and the male in front of her swept through her senses and shoved the Hunger to the back of her thoughts. Her body loosened from the hunt, relaxing a bit. ”I suppose we would appear strange to you. But we are not ‘off our rocker’ as you say. Beyond that, this place was in trouble long before I ever arrived. Or I wouldn’t even be here honestly, “ Citlali said, speaking with a careful slowness that thickened her accent as she reorganized her thoughts, ”But… A coffee is probably good idea. I would like very much to know what a human is doing with your kind of knowledge. And your name as well.”

(No worries. Life happens!)
We? Klaus took it to be referring to her kind, her people, and refrained from raising a brow. After all, anything else would be proving what she said to be contrary to reality. But it seemed she had some sort of mission, too. Hadn't Tabby claimed such a thing, too? Were their missions one in the same? And where exactly was Tabby? He'd not seen or heard hide nor tale of her since the love potion incident with Kat. Perhaps she'd lost interest in their little group as play toys thanks to Matt's presence at the time. Cats weren't stupid, after all. They only took being whacked or messed with so many times before they began to avoid.

Klaus smirked slightly at the agreement she gave him that coffee was likely a good idea. Well, there you had it. Who didn't like coffee? Ok, plenty of people, but they were all insane and clearly weren't normal since they didn't require an overdose of caffeine to function. At least by that definition, this girl had some sense of normalcy about her. "Well, let's walk then," he said, securing his lid on his coffee. "Name's Klaus. What about you?" He was perfectly prepared for an uncommon, strange, or cattish name. Tabora, after all, had been the name of the first Nagual he had met, and unless he was entirely off base and this had just been some strange coincidence that she had jaguar spots and seemed to be hunting that man. Could be some operative from some other intelligence group, English or otherwise, maybe. But he somehow had his doubts.
Names bred familiarity. Citlali didn’t want to be familiar, she wanted to get her work done and then deal with whatever happened after. But it seemed impolite especially when this… She took a subtle inhale of air as she assessed his spirit. Human; pure and simple. At least that was a good sign. If this meeting went poorly she would have the advantage unless she walked directly into a trap. Though Po didn’t seem to be having an issue with him. Just insisting she ask this Klaus questions. It was unclear what the little spirit wanted her to question though. Most likely how he knew about her people when he was clearly English and not at all of the proper descent to even have family lines back to home. Perhaps a marriage then? No, he lacked a ring or other distinguished markings.

You’re not paying attention.

The imp’s hiss in her ear snapped Citlali back to the present, realizing she had let the silence after his question drag on while she was busy elsewhere in her own mind. “Ah. Apologies. I am called Citlali,” she said after a moment. Her voice was naturally soft but with husky undertones that seemed to be edging on an accent though it was masked by her mastery of English. Her dark eyes turned back to the man, completely focused on him in a consuming predatory way and piercing in her critical observation. Despite the dim lighting of the streetlamps and fading sunset there was no color in those eyes, no separation of pupil and iris. Her eyes were completely black.

”I am quite curious,” she began slowly as they reached the street appreciating that the English seemed to be set in a schedule that mostly cleared the streets around this time so Citlali could continue the conversation without much worry of eavesdroppers, ”Of what you believe I may be or am doing here and about this other woman you know.”
Well, while the jury was still out on whether or not this girl was crazy, she certainly was lost in her own mind. She had asked his name, he'd obliged, and she seemed to be lost to the fact he had asked her for her own name. A first. Most girls who didn't want to divulge anything would simply just play off like their name was Jane or Julie or some other random name that came to mind. Granted, normally said girls were usually one night stands and not someone he was trying to talk to and had no interest or intent at the moment in exploring things with beyond a conversation. This girl gave off a different aura than those sort, so likely no experience with pretending to be someone other than who she was. Or something. Who knew? Still, at least she realized she'd spaced out soon enough before he'd had to ask or it had become entirely too awkward and he was rewarded with a name. It was an interesting one. He raised his cup as though to acknowledge her and took a sip of the coffee only to scowl at it as he remembered that the whole reason they were headed back toward the street and to coffee was to get him a new cup and her a caffeinated or sugary drink of her own.

Her question caused him to smirk. "Was wondering when you'd get to that question, Citlali." He'd try to fit in her name a few more times tonight. Only way to remember and depending on how their conversation went, it might be something to alert the rest of the Hounds to. "But I know you're a," he paused long enough to glance around and make sure no one was in earshot despite the fact he lowered his voice as he said his next word before resuming his normal tone, "nagual. I haven't the foggiest why you're here, though. Some mission as you said, as Tabora seemed to believe she was, though her mission seemed derailed by her interest in killing my best mate. Was hoping you might give me some insight so I can decide if I need to be concerned or not."
Nagual.

The word alone curled her lips into a deadly smile. She should have struck as soon as the word was spoken. Ripped the human’s throat out for daring to know about her people. Outsider. But then it was not his fault it seemed but this Tabora. She would have to clean up her own mess. Still the spike of violence in her own mind awoke her Hunger with a vengeance.

Barely containing the growl in her chest, her brow furrowed into a hard expression at Klaus. ”What would killing your friend afford this woman? Besides trouble with a good number of people,” she questioned. She flexed her hand in agitation suddenly. She had not finished her hand and it had left her riled up. Trying to have an intelligent, civil discussion was not ideal right now. But attacking this man was no good either.

In a rush, Citlali stepped quickly heading towards the coffee shop. Hopefully a small snack and drink would quiet the aching GNAWING happening inside her spirit. If not, the night would certainly get interesting quickly.
"Well, bloke, actually," Klaus corrected in a conversational tone as though that was far too casual for the subject at hand, but such was Klaus' way. "But see, they had a tiff, and he survived it when he shouldn't have, so she formed a bit of a vendetta, spiked his girl's drink with a love potion. Made for an incredibly hot but awkward situation to walk into, knowing your best mate's heart is being torn from his chest, you know? But none of that's important. Tabora's who the hell knows where. Watching me, for all I know, looking for an opportunity. Don't know, don't care, frankly. Mate's dead, after all." Well, at least officially, but she needn't know that was the case.

"What I do care about is why you and your kind seem so convinced we're so bloody fucked over here. Care to explain what's going on?" She'd probably have some excuse, some reason why she couldn't tell him. Yadda, yadda, but Klaus didn't give up easily. No, he would persist, and besides, they were just a few steps from the coffee shop now. She'd have a moment to consider answering or not while he got his drink corrected and she ordered whatever she wanted.
A sneer warped her mouth at the story Klaus conveyed. What kind of Nagual would act like that? Poisoning and coercion wasn’t a fun game or even a hunt. It was disgusting. Not to mention if the other Nagual was in the wind somewhere it could complicate things for Citlali. She would have to see about tracking her down and setting the situation straight. Perhaps figure out the intention behind the behavior. Though the idea of a vendetta in her people wasn’t terribly surprising usually it took more insult. Huh. More things to follow up on then.

The smell of coffee stopped Citlali’s plannings in their track and she inhaled deeply at the scent. A little burnt but good. Needed more cocoa. She glanced at the building and smiled at the little spirits that seemed to be attracted by the same smell she had just enjoyed. Her black eyes went glassy for the briefest second before snapping to Klaus’s face. She stared him down thoughtfully, intensely focused on his expression.

”It is not a matter of being convinced so much as you very much are ‘fucked’ as you say,” she said with a factual simplicity. Citlali tilted her head a bit, ”You may not wish to believe it however the balance, in this area in particular, is far off kilter. The spirits are louder, more active, easier to corrupt. There is a focal point of gathering of strange and powerful people here as well. I am simply going to find out why and correct that issue. That is the only interest I have. Though I am curious as to how you seem to know so much about my people when you have only encountered one of us prior to me.”
The woman seemed to be a flurry of emotions, but it wasn't an unsettling amount. The little sneer was kind of cute, yet Klaus would never admit it aloud. Well, perhaps in the proper circumstances, but these were hardly them. Flattery didn't seem the way to go, not when being to the point and more or less friendly and cordial, upbeat, was working well enough the woman didn't seem overly threatened by his knowledge even if he knew she could decide otherwise at a moment's notice. The coffee shop and being near people was as much for his own protection as allowing her to feel more at ease.

Klaus paused outside the door as Citlali finished her reply, figuring that it looked natural enough and was best given the fact the shop could have listening ears. Klaus nodded at her explanation. "Well, sounds like your intentions are pure enough. Care to share when you figure it out?" he asked, trying to make it seem a casual enough question. "And as for how I know? Let's just say I have a few connections for documents on things otherwise considered myths or folklore and a mind that needs to know what he can find out. I'm sure some of it was misdirection, though, so I wouldn't say I know a lot. There wasn't a lot on your people, truthfully."

He reached for the door handle to open the door for her, figuring they wouldn't look so casual and normal if they stayed lingering outside the front of a coffee shop for very long.
Opening the door for her caused Citlali’s mouth to turn up in a genuine smile. ”Gracias,” she said softly, the timber of her voice lightening in her native tongue. She took the few steps into the shop, looking at the menu thoughtfully with a hum that sounded far closer to a purr. The coffee shop’s smells were overpowering to her scents and absolutely delicious all in the same moment. Sharpness of caffeine, bitter espresso, pungent cinnamon, overwhelming amounts of conflicting coffee beans. At least all the smells would keep her grounded at least, make this entire conversation easier.

”My apologies. I only disclose information like that to people I trust. Like allies,” she said flippant. She finally nodded a bit and ordered her coffee; a dark roast with vanilla powder. Once she collected her drink she turned back to him, ”So will we be continuing our impromptu date? Perhaps in the corner over there? I would hate to have to enjoy my drink all alone.” The jaguar didn’t wait for his response to her question before she had turned and made her way to the small table in the corner, almost like she expected him to agree either way. She perched herself on the lounge chair, sipping her drink as she stared Klaus down.
Klaus held out his card to the barista as she ordered then went ahead and asked for another coffee, explaining his had been too bitter to drink. They'd apologized and set to making a fresh pot, so Klaus had followed Citlali, knowing he'd have to get up in a few moments to go get his coffee but feeling all the better for the fact of knowing it would at least be fresh. He sat down in the lounge chair beside hers. "Well, I can certainly understand that choice," he said, resuming their conversation from where it had left off before she'd ordered her coffee. "You don't stay out of the mainstream running your mouth to every Tom, Dick, and Harry, after all." He heard his name called out and held up a hand as he stood as though to say, "Hold that thought."

He took a few moments to add his creamer to his desired amount and then the sugar and a bit of cinnamon since it sounded like an interesting way to change things up for the evening when he'd seen someone sprinkling it into their drink as he'd approached the little stand. Once he was done, he capped the drink and walked back to his seat, this time sitting back to be more comfortable. She might be fine perched as she was, but Klaus was more laid back than that overall as a person. "I'm just, as I said, not your average person. Came into the werewolf hunting business several years ago and then got a top secret job that made me realize more was real. So when I found a term to describe Tabora, I researched as I could. But like I said, not much to find. Your sort is secretive, and I can respect that. To me, if you really are here to help and find out what's going on...haunting? this area, your kind is helpful and not a threat despite Tabby's actions. Unlike werewolves, you don't have an extreme reputation for violence." He figured with the buzz of conversation and the thrall of the music, people weren't likely to be listening, and if he did, they were bouncing ideas around for a book they were going to co-write.
Oh. This human was adorable. Either he was pretending to be a fool or he genuinely thought the Nagual were not as dangerous as their more lupine cousins. Either way it delighted the Hunger in her, demanding she play with him more. She hid the her smirk with the cup, taking a slow sip. She let out a easy breath then, eyes wandering a bit. Some kind of bird, maybe a protector of the area, was fluttering around and between the cafe’s patrons its silvery spirit darting contently to and fro. Her eyes followed it before being drawn back to her conversation suddenly.

”A hunter and now something top secret? You are either trying to bait me into asking in a hope to exchange information or your work is not nearly as important or secret as you would have me believe,” she commented calmly, ”I did tell you the truth. I am here to help. I cannot say what this Tabora was here for though my interest in her has definitely been sparked.” She took another draw from her cup easily, leveling her eyes to the man across from her then. ”You are right. We are not known for our violent anger. We just get hungry once in a while,” she said with a predatory smile.
Under a Cursed Moon (open)

“Ben,” he replied. Maybe if he closed his eyes […]

Wolf Out! Affiliation :)

Hey :) We need new affiliates since the tinypic cl[…]

Eben's Journal

(Content warning: graphic description of a burned […]

Early lunch

Eyes again. They weren’t the friendly blues of the[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising