The Ministry formally advises that all contact with muggles and their world be kept to a minimum. Muggles are an admittedly useless creature, far inferior to our abilities and knowledge. The Ministry advises those who have made it clear they are blood traitors are not to be reckoned with or kept informed of the goings on within our world as they have made their choice.
by: Matthew Cox
A dignified snort was all Matt would grace Everett's ribbing with.

"It may be shorter, but our training was to put an edge on an already sharp blade, not forge a new one. Besides, even blind as I am I could hand your ass to you still in a bout."

The grin on his face probably would make the SEAL think he was just boasting out of serviceman's pride, but Matt was fully ready and willing to back the challenge up if the man even jokingly took him up on it. It would be fun, after all, to put his abilities to an actual challenge.

"And you trained with SAS? I'm so sorry. How long did it take to get the stench out of your gear?"

He was in high form tonight with his snark. In fact, he'd be surprised if Cora didn't comment on it later. He certainly hadn't been this level of sassy around her before.
by: Everett Cooper
Cora leaned comfortably against Matt’s shoulder as the two soldiers bantered back and forth, nodding along and taking on the persona of the uninformed girlfriend for the most part. In reality, she wasn’t very well-versed in muggle military workings so she was a bit lost, but she was by far not the weak, pretty little thing she appeared to be, even if it wasn’t exactly something she could boast about in public. Not that she particularly felt the need to boast, but she could feel the slithering whispers of the Dark Lord’s magic beginning to stir in the back of her head and she feared that engaging herself in the conversation would only lead to an unpleasant episode with her darker half. So for now, she was content to just focus on some light meditation and keeping the Dark Lady under control to allow Matt and their new friend to have some guy-time.

Ev let out an amused snicker at Matt’s return jab about his training and toasted the marine with his drink. “Ha! Oh I’m not sure it ever came out, honestly, Cox,” he teased back. “Not that I’m complaining about the training itself. Probably some of my favorite courses, although demo school with Grom was pretty fun too,” Everett mused, smirking with a bit of nostalgia.

The vampire couldn’t help but be surprised by the man’s boasting about his own skill, however. Was that just the bravado of every frog, or was Magoo here actually serious? Hmm… Ev took a moment to consider the situation before he answered. He was hungry, but it had only been about two days since he had fed last so it wasn’t too much of a risk for him to spar with a human, and he should be able to keep a tight enough leash on his hunger to avoid any uncouth behavior… Hmm. It was tempting, to say the least.

“Ya know… I can’t tell if you’re shittin’ me with that offer or just that cocky, Marine,” the vampire chuckled. He absently spun his glass in his hand as he watched the man and his date, his scarred lip tugged upward in a charming smirk. “But I think I’d like to find out.”
The man wasn't human. Matt wasn't sure what he was, but he was something other. For that reason, Matt felt comfortable offering the opportunity to fight. His own smirk grew in reply to Everett's.

"Well alright then. Let's have dinner and then, if Cora's willing to let us use her space, see who's king bullfrog...what d'you think, Cor?"

He turned his head and nudged the top of her head with his chin. He was a little more eager for this than he should be; still, this would be fun.
by: Coraline Larson
{Yessss..... let him into your lair... then you'll have two soldiers...}

Cora jumped slightly at the whisper in her mind, shocked by the sudden comment from her dark half, but played it off to Matt and the American as if she simply hadn't been paying attention to their conversation. The witch gave a slightly sheepish little smile and chuckled softly.

"I think I wasn't listening as well as I should've been, mo diabhal," the witch responded, gently squeezing Matt's hand. "But, aye, I don't see much harm in having Mr Cooper over to use the gym. Just be careful with my workspace, love," Cora added a little pointedly. It wouldn't do to have a foreign muggle see her potions gear and start asking questions.
"Oh, there's nothing there he hasn't seen before, I'm sure."

Matt wasn't confident that the man was a wizard, but he wasn't human. The spicy note mixed with the scent of blood was enough to tell him that this man was paranormal.

Matt was saved from further explanation by the arrival of the waitress. Matt gave his order if grilled chicken with vegetables and tilted his head expectantly at Cora for her order.
Cora smiled slightly, hiding her struggle with her other half behind the gesture. Luckily their waitress came for their order and hopefully would distract Matt from noticing anything. This was supposed to be a nice evening for him, the last thing she wanted to do was have her psycho twin show up and ruin it. Cora gave the waitress her order of grilled salmon with lemon dill sauce and grilled vegetables, then sat back and turned her attention to their new friend.

“Back to your comment about his bragging,” the witch chuckled and gestured at Matt, “He’s definitely that cocky, Mr Cooper.” She paused and looked over at the marine with a pointed smirk, letting a few beats of silence fall before she continued. “But he’s perfectly capable of backing it up too,” Cora added with a slight smirk, leaning against Matt’s side comfortably.

“I’m curious to see how you two soldier boys stack up against each other,” she added with a playful chuckle. It would certainly be an interesting match-up, that was for sure.
The vampire ordered a steak medium rare with a baked potato, pausing to ask the waitress about the seasoning on the steak for allergy reasons. She answered that the chef insisted on keeping it simple with just salt, pepper, and a bit of butter for flavor and letting the grill do the rest, which drew a pleased smile and a nod from the vampire. “Appreciate it, darlin’. Got a bad allergy to garlic so I always check, but that sounds perfect. Nice and simple,” he thanked the girl and handed her his menu with a playful wink before turning his attention back to his new friends.

At Cora’s quip about Matt’s cockiness, Everett laughed and sipped his drink with amusement. “I dunno, Cox, I think your girl is callin’ you out, buddy,” he joked with the marine, his blue-gold eyes dancing with laughter. “Either she knows you can whoop my ass or she thinks you’re gettin’ yours whooped, I’m not sure which…”
Garlic allergy? Blood smell...vampire? Special Forces vampire. Matt didn't know if the idea of that was more ridiculous than the fact that his first instinct was to shrug and accept the fact. Now that he had reached a conclusion that they were seated at dinner with a vampire-

What had happened to his life that that sentence was normal?!

-it would become imperative that he not act the idiot by asking stupid questions to give away that he knew what was what across from him. So you did mostly night ops, I'm assuming, for example, would be a terrible sentence opener. The answer would be obvious...of course he did mostly night ops. That was the bread and butter of Special Forces everywhere. They ruled the night. The question remained on if he told Cora or not. Matt flipped a mental coin and signaled her under the table. He finger spelled against her leg. V-A-M-P.

As for the vampire himself, all Matt could do was smirk and continue the conversation. "Oh, I don't think she'd bet against me. Part of the reason we're together is my ability." And that was truth, wasn't it? The Devil of the future had become an autocratic warlord and she'd been tasked with ending him in this time to prevent that from happening. Instead of killing him, she'd captured him. He'd mellowed in the last few weeks...what they'd developed...well...If that wasn't them being together because of his ability, he'd eat his armor.
“Calling him out?!” Cora laughed, the sound light and almost musical. “Oh I wouldn’t dream of it, Mr Cooper. Matty knows I got my money on him,” she added with a coy smile, her Irish accent slipping out as she relaxed a bit.

She had been holding Matt’s hand under the table but it seemed the marine was done with the touchy-feely action for the moment as he gingerly released her hand and pulled away slightly. It wasn’t enough to make her think that he was upset with her or anything like that, but it did catch her attention, particularly when he began spelling something against her leg. Cora gave no outward indication that she had noticed the warning (vamp?! What the fuck?!) but continued to engage with their guest as if nothing had changed.

Shifting in her seat subtly, the witch placed her hand on Matt’s leg under the table and spelled back a message to sit tight and see how things played out. She had to admit she wasn’t crazy about the idea of having a vampire in her home, but it was a little late to rescind the invitation now that it had been given, right? At least not without raising suspicion anyway. And really… it was just asking for trouble to antagonize a predator like that, wasn’t it?
Everett smiled at Matt’s comment and laughed outright at Cora’s retort. They were quite a pair weren’t they? Real snarky and confident, and he had to admit he liked the energy between the couple. It seemed like they had been together for a while, at least a few months if he had to hazard a guess, and they seemed to be infatuated with each other but not sickeningly so. They bantered and teased each other and they were fun so far. Now, if only one of them agreed to feed him…

“Nice to see a couple support each other like that,” he teased, chuckling as he raised his bourbon to them in a playful toast. “Good to know that I’m the underdog in this bout, Cox. Real curious to see this ‘ability’ y’all keep hinting at…” the vampire drawled, sipping his drink lazily. As hungry as he was getting, he was having fun with the two humans. Well, one human and one… mostly human? He still couldn’t quite figure out what was wrong with Matt’s scent, but the earthy, almost musky undertone to it made the small hairs on the back of his neck stand on end for some reason. Odd. Perhaps he’d figure it out given a little more time with the other frogman.

In an effort to keep the conversation going smoothly while they waited for their dinners, Everett cleared his throat lightly and smirked at Cora. “Not that I’m one to talk about accents, but… Miss Cora, is that a bit of Irish I heard in yours? What the blazes would possess a pretty little Irish treasure like yourself to hook up with some limey froggy?” the American laughed, indicating his teasing was all still in good fun.
There was a hint of a nostril flare, or was he seeing things? Matt felt he might be outed as something 'other'...but did vampires have superior senses? He didn't know enough about them to be able to tell. Hell, he barely knew enough about witches and wizards, so who was he to say anything about anything?

At Everett's comment about Cora's accent, Matt grinned again and put a hand to his mouth and replied in a stage whisper.

"She hit her head and hasn't recovered yet! You're going to blow my cover...shut up!"

He laughed again and considered saying something about her captivating beauty, but that would probably trigger the curse. Matt hadn't hit thst particular button in a few days, now had he? Better to just leave off and leave alone.
‘...Nice to see a couple support each other like that…’

Cora choked slightly on her drink at Everett’s observation, hoping the men would both just take her sudden blush as a side-effect of the alcohol. A couple? Is that what they were? Well, maybe so… they had been very close for the last week or so, and had, ahem, celebrated her birthday together just last night, but it seemed inappropriate to call them a couple considering the situa- She winced at the sudden headache that seemed to lance through her mind as her thoughts brushed a little too closely to the magic holding both her and Matt prisoner. Luckily their waitress arrived with their entrees, giving the witch a moment to collect herself and hopefully distract the two men from her slip.

Once their dishes were all placed and the cheerful girl was assured that everything looked wonderful and retreated again, Cora smiled at Everett’s quip about her accent in an effort to gloss over the mistake. “You are a charmer, Mr Cooper,” she chuckled, nudging Matt with her elbow in answer to his stage-whisper. “Aye, I’m Irish, though I don’t know about treasure. I’m from Dublin, though I’ve been in London for about twenty years now.” The witch politely chewed and swallowed a bite of her dinner before engaging the American again.

“What about yourself, Mr Cooper? Clearly American, but where are you from? I’ve traveled a bit in the States, though not extensively.”
The vampire snorted a laugh at Matt’s exaggerated whisper. He held his hands up in a peaceful gesture with a close-lipped smile. “Sorry, buddy. My bad,” he chuckled, moving his arms down to his lap when the waitress arrived with their dinners. He thanked the girl with a politely drawled ‘thank you’ then cut into his steak as he listened to Cora’s answer to his question. A Dubliner was she? He had been to Dublin a time or two while he was over here for training with the SAS about 15 years ago, but hadn’t been back to Ireland since then unfortunately. Maybe he could see about making a trip to the Emerald Isle while he was here… hmm.

“Me? Well, I was born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, but I spent the summers in N’awlins with my grandparents up until I was fourteen,” Everett explained easily, wiping his mouth politely with his napkin. “Dad was stationed at Hunters Army Airfield before I was born, and we just got lucky that we didn’t move from there.” He chewed, swallowed, and sipped his bourbon before adding with a smirk, “How ‘bout it, Cox? Ever made it across the pond, froggy?”
Couple? Sure. Couple of confused people who were brought together under bizarre circumstances. Matt's head cocked compulsively at Cora's choking, but he camouflaged the movement by cracking his neck. She had caught the phrasing, too. Matt had no rebuttals to that, but their food arrived. Thank God. And, in fact, he needed to do just that. Matt bowed his head and prayed briefly, concluding with the same request he'd added for weeks now: Let the curse end soon.

He looked up and found his cutlery and went through the motions of pretending to be blind. He 'found' the plate, then 'found' the chicken and broccoli on the plate. He began eating carefully. Talk shifted to heritage. He was a true son of England, but when the question came to him about having gone to the states, he shook his head.

"One of the few places I've never been, really...I'd hoped to go after I retired, but things happened. Maybe someday."

His glasses his his eyes, but the tightness around his lips betrayed the fresh hurt of his disability. Well, the disability and the capture. His life was upside down and he didn't know what to do about it. He loved her, he hated her, he...Matt's brows furrowed and he took a drink quickly. "Sorry. It's still fresh...th-the changes in my life." He gestured at his face, indicating the blindness.
The vampire’s attention was mostly on his dinner as they ate and talked, but Matt’s mood was curious. He had been smiling and joking a moment ago, but now he seemed subdued. Not quite upset, but definitely not the happy-go-lucky man of a few minutes ago. The reason for the sudden mood change became apparent rather quickly, however, when Matt answered his question about travelling.

Ev paused and put his fork down as he realized he had been accidentally insensitive with his question and that was the cause of Matt’s mood shift. Without thinking about the obviously too-cool temperature of his own skin, Everett reached across the table and patted Matt’s off-hand gently. “I’m sorry, bruv; I didn’t even think. That was real insensitive of me and I’m sorry.” He pulled his hand back and picked up his drink, taking a long pull of the amber liquid. He picked up his fork again and resumed eating, slowing down a little so he wouldn’t get full too quickly. “D’you wanna talk about it?” he offered gently.
Affiliation

Site Link: http://pwrestoredhprp.proboards.com […]

Misery Loves Company {Julian}

"Actually it's probably the most anyone has […]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising