by: Samael Nachtweber
9 March 2012
7:00 p.m.

Life was blood and blood was life.

This wasn’t an entirely new concept, yet for Samael Nachtweber, it still held a more poignant meaning than before. His transformation had been not unlike others in his situation. Blood given willingly in exchange for another’s. One’s life for an eternity. Tale as old as time yet as new and exciting as could be for the young vampire. Except the headaches as he had been calling the echoes of his master’s voice and thoughts within him…guiding him, encouraging him, yet altogether working toward one self-serving purpose of seeking a new life.

Perhaps Samael should care. Perhaps he should be selfish and want to live without the man who could have undoubtedly killed him as effortlessly as he had given him new life. Yet that was it, wasn’t it? "New life." It was ironic to think of death as life, yet was it anything but?

Samael owed his father. He owed his father in kind. "A life for life" yet quite the opposite meaning as that brought to mind.

He had been mulling over this need all day rather than sleeping so thoroughly as he should have. The images repeated in his mind. The Voice said, "Sleep," yet Samael was obsessed. There would be no sleep, only what little rest lying in his bed in the darkest room of his tiny flat had to offer. It wasn’t much, but it would be enough. He needn’t hunt tonight, after all. No, he had his prey splayed to the wall in the next room, having had to resort to someone off the street to spell the flat silent, all the while hoping his threat toward the captain’s precious lover would keep him from crying out. He was a squib, he’d said. It was as good as true so far as Samael had been able to figure out.

Opening his eyes suddenly, Samael sat up. It was time. He would take what he needed to make it through tonight and he would pursue the body his father had told him to retrieve, the one in the hill near the tree.

So, that was precisely what he set out to do. Samael rose from the bed, opened his door, and walked into the next room, pausing in the door to tilt his head at the captain. Perhaps the captain would appreciate some light, but without magic in a magical society, candles were the only way to make your own light. Samael was not about to near those. The very thought made his skin crawl with a discomfort he had seldom experienced since the moment he had first had a taste of his father’s blood.

"'O Captain, my Captain,'" he quoted as he walked slowly into the room, step by step and hand clasped over wrist behind his back. "Isn’t that what the muggles say, anyway?" He’d heard it a few times from some of the muggle-borns in his former house. He had no idea what it was from nor what it was about, yet it seemed appropriate. Endearing. As the boy Lance, Samael had once looked up to the man and admired his strength; however, he now viewed him as lesser, as prey. Samael was the apex predator in this situation. There was nothing to be learned from this human any longer.

"No matter. They’re about as trivial to you and yours as you are to me."
by: Markus von Wolfram
The sounds of a door swinging open drew Markus from the restless doze he'd finally been able to fall into.... or maybe it had been unconsciousness. Markus had been aware enough that he'd been drifting in and out of that for the better part of the day? Night? What time was it even? The captain wasn't sure. He'd awoken when he was first being tied to the cross and he remembered fighting up until Lance had stated Anne would be next if he didn't tow the line. That had taken the fight out of the captain at least for the time being. And then there had been nothing but darkness.

Markus squinted at the small amount of light shone through the open doorway. it didn't take to long for his eyes to adjust and once they did he turned his head toward the voice, regretting it almost instantly as it pulled on his shoulder. Another pitfall of being tied the way he was. It put crazy pressure on his shoulder and his leg. At least Lance had the foresight to sort of patch the wounds with what looked to be a field kit... though with the way the bandages we're soaked through Markus knew he could be in trouble. The muggle weapon had definitely done a number on him.

He didn't bother gracing the vampire with an answer to his quip. Instead he fixed Lance with a glare, eyes ablaze with anger. If there was anything to be said about Markus was that he was a fighter through and through. If Lance thought he was going to go down quietly he was going to be sorely mistaken. Still he felt his chest constrict in fear as the vampire slowly closed, though he did his best to stay calm given the situation. Markus sucked in a deep breath through his nose and exhaled slowly as he wondered what torment his former recruit was going to level on him now.
Samael chuckled at the captain's glare. Despite his expression, there was no doubt in Samael's mind that the man was scared. It was hard to ignore the increased pace in his heart beat, the way it seemed to almost want to skip in his presence. "Bravado has no place here, captain," he said, walking into the stream of light. "You forget. I can hear your heartbeat. You may as well scream as much as you like. No one will fault you for your lack of self-control. Certainly not I."

The captain was a funny sort of fellow. Samael hadn't done much by way of tending to his wounds for this very reason. Not to mention the risks involved with having anyone see the captain in his flat. The smell of his blood permeated the air, and it was intoxicating, though not nearly as much as perhaps it ought to be. He wasn't stupid. The captain was a fighter. The glare had told him as much. He might very well need to wait to feed off the captain for that reason. Perhaps he ought to find a way to care for him, too, so he was not rendered dead before his time. He could have but a taste of him tonight.
"Maybe not but I don't plan on giving you the satisfaction." The words were rough and even though his heart was racing, Markus did well to keep his voice even. He wasn't going to lose it. It was just as he said, even though he wanted to do nothing but scream and yell, he wasn't about to give his captor the satisfaction unless he earned it. the captain instinctively tried to shy away as Lance closed, though his bonds barely allowed for the movement. Damn it. There was no denying that he was as vulnerable as he could get splayed out the way he was. If Lance choose to do anything there would be nothing he could do about it... though Markus did promise himself if the vampire got his teeth within range, concussion or no, he'd try and break the things face.

"What do you want with me?" It was a valid question. Even in the state he was willing to bet the vampire needed him for something. Why else go to all the trouble to keep him alive? Markus wasn't a fool and he knew Lance could have killed him numerous times while they were at the Ministry.... It made no sense. "Why am I still alive?
"Captain," Samael laughed, "you're making this far too complicated. I'm a vampire. You have blood." He shook his head as though he were speaking to a child who amused him. In reality, the captain was much too smart to fall for such a simple reason, yet Samael was not about to give the captain as much power as admitting he needed him aloud would give him. That would be far too messy and too much work after that. No, it was best the captain remained in the dark pertaining to his plans for him and his blood. "It's as simple as that, unless you'd rather not return home to your lover."

Ah, yes. Anne Fernsby. He'd paid attention at the castle. He hadn't seen them sneak off together. They'd been sneaky enough about that for him, yet he had been distracted by his master at that point. But he'd seen the looks they'd exchanged. It was no wonder the captain and his wife were getting a divorce. What marriage could survive the loss of two children and its fidelity? None that he could think of. Either one alone would have been enough for both marriages, yet they had encountered both at once. There had been no chance.
Markus gave Lance a tight lipped smile and he felt his anger flare again at the mention of Anne. How did that son-of-a-bitch even know they we're together? It wasn't like they'd made it obvious... as far as the captain knew, no one outside of Kara knew they we're together. Unless Kir had said something... No she wouldn't have considering her own issues. Which meant Lance's excuse was a load of crap. If it was simply because he just wanted blood then Markus was certain he'd have been drained dry by now... there would be no need to hold the threat of hurting Anne over his head. And why would the vampire just simply let him go? It made no sense to the captain.

"You aren't a very good liar Lance. If anything I'd say it's not complicated enough..why else would you continually need to threaten someone I care about if not to keep me in line." Markus made an attempt to wet his lips with his tongue even though his mouth was dry. "I find it hard to believe I'll be walking away from this all things considered." He didn't know what the vampires game was, all the captain knew was he sure as hell didn't want to play it.
Samael quirked a brow as he regarded the captain. "A liar, you say?" he replied. "Certainly not. Do you not know Ulrichs don't lie?" He chuckled softly. "It's true I'm no longer an Ulrich, yet altogether, my first birth comes from that line. I do need your blood, Captain. Your blood specifically, for the fact that you are enemy to my father and I, but further you'll never know for this simple reason: I like you, and I have every intention of letting you live unless you give me reason to do otherwise." It was the truth so far as Samael saw it. He had no reason to lie at this point. Yet he wouldn't tell the captain the specific reason why his blood was required. Unless the captain had spent time studying horcruxes and similar, he was unlikely to have studied the spell at hand.

"Now, I have much to accomplish this evening, but I can't have your strength diminish while I'm gone. I have a few things frozen, so what will it be? Chicken alfredo or beef stroganoff?"
The captain rolled his eyes at the quip about Ulrich's not lying. At first confusion set in as the vampire continued to speak but quickly that turned into something else altogether. Lance needed his blood. Specifically because he was an enemy to both him and a father? Was he talking about the thing from Hogwarts? It was hard to choke down the fear at that statement. Blood of an enemy could be used for a myriad of things, most of which were considered very dark magic... Things like spells, rituals... and the fact that Lance said he'd never know why because he was liked? That didn't make the sinking feeling settling in the pit of his stomach any better.

"Like me? You sure have a funny way of showing it. And enemy? He killed all those people Lance! Students, professors... he bloody well killed my kids! Best thing I ever let happen was allowing that werewolf to rip that monster to shreds. What the hell did he promise you then? A life like this?" Markus felt a rage induced tear slide down his cheek at the thought of the younger man abandoning everything he had for that monster who had taken everything from him. What the hell had happened to cause Lance to turn coat like that?

The thought of eating made the captain want to be sick. It was apparent Lance needed him alive at least until he accomplished whatever it was he needed. Far be it from the captain to help with that. He'd rather kick the bucket if it ended up being the only option. And quite frankly had Anne not been in the picture he would have seriously considered the only option... "Go fuck yourself," Markus spat back at the vampire in response to his question.
Samael chuckled at Markus' final words. "Temper, temper, Captain," he scolded in a mocking way. "You always showed more control than that." The captain was well beyond angry, and his heart sung the tale of the emotions he felt, its fleeting, marching rhythm singing its song. It was enough to make Samael close his eyes and let his head fall back. He needed to feed and soon. Inhaling slowly, Samael lifted his head and settled his eyes back on the captain.

"It's freeing, Captain," he replied. "It's freeing to be outside the social construct, to be able to be selfish without it necessarily being a flaw, to be without worry or concern. It's freeing to know I am stronger than you, that with but an effortless tug of your head, it would be forever severed from your body, or a thrust into your chest, and I could pull out your heart while I watched." His hand shot forward and clenched as though around the fragile organ, crushing moments later as Samael lowered it to his side while he watched. "It's freeing to hear everything, to find the beauty in the cacophony of noises. You could understand, if you let me show you." He bared his left wrist and showed his fangs. The captain's fetters were strong enough to withhold the tugging for as long as this would give him any benefit.
The mocking certainly didn't help things and Markus knew he was letting Lance get to him. Everything was just so overwhelming. His temper was getting the best of him. He was worried about Anne. He was bloody scared of what was going to happen. The more the younger man went on to seemingly explain why he'd chosen to be transformed or whatever the hell you called making a vampire, the more Markus felt the fear creep in an take hold. Markus flinched violently when Lance's arm lunged forward as if to rip out his heart and as much as he didn't want it to show that move had unsettled him. He tried to hold back the slight tremble but he wasn't sure that he'd succeed.

Markus wasn't sure whether he felt more horrified or disgusted by what Lance was no proposing. Like hell he wanted a taste of whatever power Lance claimed he could have. No power was worth becoming a vampire for. The sight of the fangs and bared wrist had Markus' eyes widening. What the hell was he going to do?! Markus tugged at the fetters holding him. He didn't care at the moment how much the motion hurt. Currently he had a gut feeling that he wasn't going to enjoy Lance's offer one bit.

"I don't want to understand you sick bastard!"
"No?" Samael replied, looking at Markus out of the corner of his eye as he pulled his sleeve back down and buttoned it. He glanced back at Markus once again as he finished the motion. "How disappointing," he said as he began to approach the captain again. "You would have enjoyed it, truthfully." He smiled wryly and shook his head as he stopped about a foot from the restrained man, his eyes settling on the shoulder wound. It had a smell to it. There was no way on earth he was going to let Markus go without drinking some of his blood. He would die before he'd be able to be of any use to him. Somehow the captain had too much fight in him for that to be what he was after.

After a moment, Samael reached out for Markus' shoulder, stepping a step closer. "This will hurt, Captain," he stated matter-of-factly as he peeled the soiled gauze off in one swift motion, "but the projectile must come out. Your wound's festering, whether you can smell it or not, and that simply won't do." He looked to Markus as he pinched his fingers together to reach in, pushing out with them to grasp the muggle projectile and begin the process of removing it. He glanced at his fingers then returned his gaze directly to the captain's eyes. A moment later and Samael was regarding the smashed-looking projectile in his hand, his nostrils flared slightly at the smell of fresh blood beginning to well out of the wound. He closed his eyes and let his head tip back ever-so-slightly with his mouth open.

Still, it would not do to feed on the weak. He needed Markus alive and well. Samael tossed the bullet to the side, wishing to do the deed necessary before the Voice managed to make its way into the equation. He needed to heal his victim, feed on the unsuspecting, and then find the body in question. If the Voice interjected, would he ever make it out of this room tonight? Samael wasn't entirely certain even as his fangs broke the delicate skin on his wrist and two small streams of bright red blood made themselves known against his pale skin. He looked to Markus, his mouth open in a way that much resembled a cat.

After a moment, Samael stepped forward with purpose, grabbed the back of the captain's head and pressed his bleeding wrist to his mouth. He would drink. One way or another, he would drink.
If the wry smile he'd received was any indication Markus figured that , no, he would not have enjoyed it at all. Still he let out a small breath of relief when the younger man pulled his sleeve back down. Maybe he had never intended to do anything at all? Wishful thinking. The vampire was far, far to close to be doing nothing, a point which was proven not more than a moment later when the small gauze patch job was unceremoniously pulled off. Any discomfort or pain that small motion had cause paled in comparison to what was apparently coming next. At first it didn't fully register what Lance was going to do when he said the bullet had to come out and Markus was sure his face showed his confusion. "What...?"

It wasn't until Lance had pinched his fingers together and began fishing around in the wound that Markus fully understood. Merlin he was going to pull it out. The captain sucked in a sharp breath and barely bit back a scream. He screwed his eyes shut and jerked hard on the restraints holding him as the pain intensified and the vampire fished around for the small embedded object. A strangled cry was pulled from the captains lips when Lance finally found the bullet and began pulling it out. His struggling intensified and Markus gasped in pain. It felt like a small eternity but eventually he felt the object pull free and his body sagged, head lulling forward as he sucked in a few ragged breaths.

Markus grimaced and felt the warm ooze of fresh blood as it covered the front of his shirt. Merlin he was going to be sick. His breathing was erratic and ragged, his face was covered in a thin layer of sweat and Markus was certain he was on the verge of passing out. the captain didn't know if the only reason he hadn't blacked out was due to pure stubbornness or fear... all he knew was that he wished the darkness would take him, then maybe he would hurt less.

Unfortunately it seemed the short reprieve he'd been given was coming to an end and Markus panicked when he felt fingers grip his hair tightly and wrench his head back. He didn't even get a chance to cry out in surprise before a bloody wrist was pressed up against his mouth. Markus tried to pull away as metallic taste of the blood coated the inside of his mouth. He felt his stomach heave but he still tried to pull away. He wouldn't willingly swallow the vile stuff if it could be helped.
"Captain," Samael said sharply, looking him in the eye if he let him tightening his grip on Markus' hair and pushing his wrist closer to his mouth. "Don't be nonsensical. Drink! If you want to live, drink." He was quickly growing tired of Markus' protestations. It would only be a few more moments before he would have to bite himself again. The time to heal only allowed enough to heal, and Samael had no desire to let the captain die. He'd wait until he passed out if he had to, but it would happen. Surely Markus realized that even in his current state of resistance. In this one thing, Samael had Markus' best interests in heart even if it was for self-serving reasons.

Samael had no idea how quickly he would be able to ascertain the remaining requirements for the spell in question, but he would do so as soon as possible. Depending how the captain played his cards, he may very well let the man go or turn him should he so wish. If he failed to play in a way Samael found to give adequate proof a threat would keep him in line, then the consequences would be more dire, whether a permanent injury, death, or an unwarranted turning. Perhaps it was cruel, but as much as Samael did feel a degree of good favor toward the captain, self-preservation came first.
The sharpness of Lance's words weren't lost on the captain but still he kept his lips pressed tightly together, refusing to drink the vampires blood. From the vampires instance that he drink it wasn't hard to infer that this would probably heal him, or at the very least enough so that his wound wouldn't fester as Lance had already confirmed it was beginning to. The tightening of the grip in his hair caused Markus to grimace and let out a slight whimper, any range of motion he might have had previously gone in an instant.

He met Lances gaze with his own watery one as he fought to hold back any tears of frustration or pain that might escape and still he kept his mouth closed in defiance. Markus knew Lance needed him alive for whatever his plans were but that didn't mean the captain had to make things easier for the younger man. It wasn't like he knew what would happen if he did ingest the blood. Healing more than likely but what about any other effects? It wasn't a risk Markus intended on taking if it could be helped.
This wasn't working. Samael wished beyond all hope that he could simply pull out his wand and have a spell work, yet there was no way that would be happening anytime soon. He had lost that ability with his transformation. As maddening as it was, it was worth it. He could do so much more now, hear so much more, see so much more. And above all, he was so much more. If he could simply get rid of the Voice through their plans... If he could only get his father back through their plans... Then he would be complete again. He would receive all the training he could ever need and more. There would be fewer moments like these where he felt momentarily powerless despite it all.

Still, even without magic, Samael could find a way. All he needed was a way to restrain the captain's head, pinch his nose shut, and keep his mouth open long enough to drip the blood in. Markus would swallow then. He'd have no choice but to. And with the blood would come healing and an awareness of the powers he was lacking as a mere mortal. Samael wished he could stay to watch, but alas, he had places to be and things to do this evening which would not involve being here for the captain. His master, his maker, his...father beckoned him, needed him. Samael had never been needed in his mortal life, but now? Now, there was an importance.

Samael glared at Markus a moment before removing his healed wrist and walking to the closet. This was certainly not a use he had foreseen for these ropes or the swimming accessory, yet it was necessary. Now was the fun part. Rope in hand and the nose piece in his pocket, Samael approached Markus. "Last chance, Captain. Either you drink willingly or I force you." If he wouldn't comply, he'd simply have to knock him out then secure his head and wait for him to awake.
Under a Cursed Moon (open)

“Ben,” he replied. Maybe if he closed his eyes […]

Wolf Out! Affiliation :)

Hey :) We need new affiliates since the tinypic cl[…]

Eben's Journal

(Content warning: graphic description of a burned […]

Early lunch

Eyes again. They weren’t the friendly blues of the[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising