The people and tourists of London, just as those around the world, love to shop and eat. Visit a store, have a quick bite with a friend, or just wander the street. Whatever your goal is today, you can get just about any of it done at some part of London.
by: Lydia Thomas
Lydia nodded. "Yeah, and he's been amazingly accommodating. I lucked out that he was to begin with and again when he simply let me make myself at home after sneaking into his..." She laughed lightly at the incredulity of it all. How many people would simply let a stranger stay in their homes in this political climate, foreigner or not? She'd had no paperwork to provide him with, only a story and a rather limited story at that. She hadn't wanted to let him in on the entirety of her secret and have him... Well, if he'd met her in this time, she'd be rather young, and... Lydia pushed the thought away. While she allowed herself to recognize she fancied him, it wasn't something she could dwell on. He clearly had no interest in her, after all, didn't he? At least, she thought. It was easier to just think that. Her mission had been derailed enough.

"So, how are you going to fix this book thing?" It was the only thing she could think to ask to change the topic away from her situation.
by: Sam Sullivan
She snuck into his home, whoever this was, and he was putting up with her? Must be one hell of a guy, Sam thought. He evaluated the girl in front of him again with a quirked grin. she was spunky and gutsy. In a different time, he'd be trying to sweet talk her into Mi:5. She had the right personality for an agent. It was no surprise that she brought the conversation back around onto him. After all, they were both here to investigate and change things, so he could repay his curiosity by answering hers.

"I'm going to try and track down what caused the change in history, then either guide the flow back to the right direction or prevent the fallout from happening. I've got a few leads, but nothing substantial yet."
Lydia listened. Well, at least he had some leads. That was more than she could say. And honestly, she could do with an ally who could actively help her rather than be bogged down by workaholic tendencies as Alan was. "Yeah?" she replied, taking a sip of her drink as she regarded him for a moment. "Well, considering that our goal is essentially the same despite our different futures, perhaps we might work together?" Perhaps she was a bit impulsive in some ways, but this guy seemed genuine enough. He had given her no reason to doubt him, and he hadn't yet contradicted himself. Truthfully, she had no information to give him, so she had nothing to lose, right? She just hoped he'd agree. If not, she had no idea what else they had to discuss.

((Sorry it's short!))
Sam smiled at her. Work together? That would be great!

"I'd like that. More heads working together on the same problem means it gets solved faster, right?"

What all would they need to work together? She probably didn't have paperwork. Did he have the ability to forge any? Sam thought about it for a moment and decided to not risk the issue. His own paperwork had been cunningly recreated using the same printing techniques of the modern passport-like card. She'd need to be his muggle-side co-worker unless she had a way past the border. He withdrew a business card for his cover job as a photographer and a pencil, then wrote his Leaky Cauldron information on the back.

"Here, here's my contact information, both here and there; is there anything that you'll need?"

He was all in...suspicions was something that would come later hen he had tome to do some research, but he wasn't going to deny her the opportunity to get any resources she needed. She was sincere enough. And, if she was a government agent, he'd done nothing illegal. He thought. Had he? Probably not. Didn't matter. He could bluff his way out of trouble if he had.
Lydia smiled and nodded as Sam agreed with her suggestion to work together. She certainly hoped the old adage "Two heads are better than one" would stand true here. Julian had Delilah. She had had no one until now. Alan was at work far too often to be more than an encouragement and a reason to keep doing, and he'd been a distraction. A welcome one, a needed one to help her become accustomed to these times, but a distraction nevertheless. One she would likely still return to even now. But at least she had a partner-in-crime for the time Alan was at work.

As Sam presented the card, Lydia took it, looking it over. At least she knew the pub. The Leaky Cauldron had been her favorite place to get breakfast with her family. They'd eaten there the morning before that last train ride to Hogwarts with her brother and parents. She pocketed the card in the small purse she carried. "I have a place to stay. Honestly, I've even found a way we can sneak in. A bit obvious, and I'm hoping someone might have another way that wouldn't be so...attention-grabbing that we couldn't use it more than once. But I need help investigating, finding ways to prevent what happened one way or another. I've been working two against one and at quite a disadvantage."
A way in? To the magical world? Sam looked at her with curiosity.

"Do you have paperwork? I've got a set that gets me in and out; also have a contact that can get me into the Ministry....tell me about the other two."

He prompted her for more information about the other time travelers. Her future was dark as hell, so the other two...were they trying to change it in their favor or were they trying to prevent it totally? It was intriguing that there were so many time traveler's coming here now. Now, of all times. It was weird. And disconcerting. Sam wanted more information.
Lydia shook her head at Sam's question. The one thing she didn't have, but it wasn't like such paperwork was readily manufactured where she came from. Their futures were quite different in that regard. It still mattered for him, but for her? She was just glad to wake up the next morning, dark though it might be. She was glad to take one more breath for the hope it could bring even though thus far no progress had been made. She was glad to be here and see sunlight again, to feel it against her skin, warm and soothing. She was glad to have met Alan, to have had time to converse with someone about something other than the future, other than her task, someone who was so down to earth.

At Sam's question, Lydia shrugged. "One's my brother, other one is some girl. Both Death Eaters, neither exactly high up but y'know?" Maybe he caught her drift? "Either way, they don't like the future either, but they haven't seemed keen on helping anytime I've run into them--not that I trust them, mind you."
Death Eaters. They were a kernel of history that Sam wasn't sure how to handle. Hi sunshine pack had allied with them Death Eaters for power purposes. It was smart at the time. His father, biological, had been one. On the other hand, the man who's surname he carried was a rebel against the government and wound up overthrowing it. And then on top of THAT, his godfather worked with both sides.

Maybe that's where he fell. He worked for both sides. Well. He worked for the government. On his time, it was an integrated thing. In this one, who was it that he worked for? Muggles? Wizards? No. He still worked for his government. He still worked for Mi5. He'd need to hold onto that.

"I can try to get you some paperwork if you'd like. And if they're not keen on helping, maybe that's a good thing...they'd probably try to swerve things to favor them. So...let's you and I strategize instead, yeah?"
"Of course," Lydia agreed, though she certainly couldn't see what more they could hope for than a better chance of survival than a nuclear holocaust could afford. "And if somehow you were able to manage, I would not be opposed to paperwork. It'd be a little less awkward than having to break into an old lady's house then floo into The Three Broomsticks. I'm sure I'll have guards posted there if I try that one another time or two." She made a face at the thought, but it was true. While Cascite's intel had been good, it wasn't a permanent solution or even one that she dared try again for quite some time, especially given her lack of paperwork.

"I'm trying to prevent a nuclear war, though. So, where to begin with this...the plotting?" Perhaps it was good she hadn't managed to gain her parents' trust or really root herself into a resistance group. It prevented her from becoming more entangled in current politics and having to find ways to swerve a group's goal to her liking in the long run.
Sam made a face at her description of how she was moving about. That sounded...terrible. To have to depend on luck like that pretty much ensured that the luck was going to run out. And, the more times you called on it, the faster that luck was going to get depleted. That was one of Sam's biggest reasons for his love of science: it was predictable. Science and math were steady and reliable. For every action, there was an equal and opposite reaction, right?

So, what would be the reaction of helping this one out? Hard to say. Chaos, as much as he didn't want to admit, was still a part of the scientific system. While it could be accounted for, measured even, it had a nasty way of entering a problem and turning it upside down. Was he, perhaps, the chaos in the system that he was looking for? No...likely not. Was Lydia and the other time traveling crew? Possibly.

"We start by learning how to get in contact with each other, then information gathering. How about you meet me tomorrow with everything you've gathered and I'll bring everything I've learned and we can spread it out to get a good, high altitude look at what's going on? Then, from there, we can start to piece together the connections that may or may not have formed. Here's where I'm staying and my cell phone number."

Sam wrote down his contact information on a napkin and handed it to Lydia with a smile.
Smoke and Lies (one shot/open)

2 July, 12:37 am The most disgusting and disturbi[…]

Eben's Journal

It is late June and the temperature is barely in t[…]

Early lunch

The place wasn't empty, but the lunch crowd in the[…]

Eben Rook

EBENEEZER WULFRIC ROOK 29. Half-Blood. Self.[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising