[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Right Here Waiting {Klaus} - Last Resort
Once a former abbey, the building now serves as a pub that’s popular for co-eds and football fans alike. Its business is hopping thanks to the atmosphere and the customer service provided by owner-operator Kara Viridian.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 15 posts
by: Katarina Bauer
Her stomach churned at the sight of him. Not in disgust, no no... Katarina was struck with a wall of emotions, consisting of anxiety, fear, surprise and elation. It was a confusing little roller coaster ride, but the fact of the matter was that Klaus was actually there, after her really short and sweet invitation, no questions asked, and no excuse to leave her alone for another night since everything came crashing down. Truth be told, she probably shouldn't have the pint Seamus gave her, sitting in front of her. She sipped at it a couple of times but hadn't even made a dent in taking it down any further. Katarina hadn't eaten all day, except her morning coffee which came from the office instead of the usual place Klaus would buy the brew that was just a treat, it was such a delight.

If they were standing, she wanted to just hug him. She wanted to bawl in his arms and tell him what a complete ass she was after the night she got together with Matt. Then again, she realized she could still do that, minus the hug and all, so that...she did.

"Hi." She said with a timid smile, her voice was so soft it was barely audible. Kat fought to keep it together. She didn't want Klaus to think she would use tears as some sort of leverage to tug at his heartstrings at some play of pity. It was the opposite. She felt pathetic, and didn't deserve said pity. All she wanted tonight, was a friend. Cole, try as he might, was at a loss for words when it came for comfort. He'd lost his fiancee to some tragedy a while back so he understood loss in a different way, and she appreciated his efforts. It just wan't the same, though. She needed to right the wrong she'd done to Klaus. "I didn't think you'd come--I didn't..." She breathed out, and as she reeled herself back in from the panicked outburst, she nodded slowly. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry...I was stupid, and awful, and all the things I said to you..."

She'd opened the floodgates. Not on purpose, but they were open now and there was no stopping it.

Katarina reached up and put her face in her hands, sobbing softly to herself. For a moment, she was embarrassed he'd actually come to see her. She was a complete mess.
He wasn't...pissed? He wasn't going to give her one of those stern Klaus looks with those blue eyes like fierce daggers and just tell her off? The gentle touch of his hand at her back made her calm almost instantly but it was still a surprise she didn't suffer the wrath of her outspoken partner at once. She'd wronged him, she knew she did. He was doing his best to diffuse the situation and she was grateful he hadn't ridiculed her and stormed off. Katarina raised her head, her tear-filled eyes stinging as she looked at Klaus, expecting him to have that flat look as if he would start in on some sort of tirade, but no his expression seemed to match his sincerity.

The use of her nickname made her huff, an unladylike chuckle after a round of blubbering and sobs was all she needed to look even more pitiful in front of him. It told her that he was trying to be okay with this and trying to keep her calm. She nodded at his offer of wanting to take a walk. Not that the Abbey wasn't accommodating, but getting a breath of fresh air, not confined to the walls of the pub where anyone could just drop in at any minute to ruin their moment of privacy, felt like a lot more reasonable. "Y-yeah..." She sniffled, "I'd like that."

Her eyes were cast down to the floor as she fidgeted, and then trailed over to the empty mug on the table. Leave with him to have drinks on a park bench? The thought of it just made her laugh but she wasn't opposed to that thought at all. "Yeah. Let's get out of here." It would be more comfortable for both of them to have this conversation elsewhere, so she pulled a couple of notes from her pocket and left them on the table. She gave one friendly wave at Seamus, and let Klaus lead the way toward the exit.
Kat thanked Klaus with a slight smile but when he said he had no clue where they were headed, she snickered. It was unladylike and a surprising little outburst but damn, did it feel good to laugh. Her face had been so sore, her eyes red and raw from all of the tears she'd been crying the last few days that laughing was a relief. She pointed down the street. "Joanie's liquor down the street, and just a couple of blocks down is the park." If he preferred to drive, she wouldn't have protested. It wasn't too far from where they were at currently, and she didn't mind the fresh air. She needed it.

Plus, they could air out some of their concerns along the way. But she'd leave it up to him, and follow his lead. "I'm good for either way. I wasn't expecting to leave the bar, much less leave with you and have the conversation last longer than a few minutes so I guess by my calculations we're already at a decent start, eh?" Katarina laughed, but this time it was nervous laughter, something she hid behind when uncertainty ran up and down her body. She was so worried he was just going to cut and run now, leave her with nothing more than a, "you know what, I can't do this" and head out. She wouldn't blame him. She was a pathetic mess, and even she was embarrassed to be out in public, the way she was.

She held back from lighting up a cigarette. It was a nervous tick, a habit she'd formed out of nowhere, born of stress and the overwhelming need after the breakup. As addicting as they were, she was still courteous, and Kat didn't want to give him any more reason to have him go.
[Well...This isn't awkward at all...]

Kat's internal monologue rang out, as she studied Klaus' mannerisms and expression. It was odd. He was an expressive sort of guy, though at times he was harder to read than anyone she'd ever met. Maybe the tears were throwing him off, she didn't know, but it wasn't something she could help. The last few days, had been tough as hell, and it was wearing on her...

She nodded as they walked toward his car, and she climbed in, buckling up without a word. She pointed once more to the area where Joanie's was located, and the park wasn't too far from there, where she could get everything out, hopefully. He was already doing more than she expected, by being willing to talk to her, and hear her out.

As they drove, she stared out the window, keeping her hands folded in her lap. She was...nervous? Katarina figured they couldn't be too hard on herself about their current situation. This was his idea after all, to go have a drink, to sit at a park, and hash it out. She'd set fire to the bridge between them by being a complete tosser after she started dating his best friend, his roommate. Things were getting to be so strong between them too, and all she could think now was how horrible she was to him. She didn't expect any sort of open arms, oh sweetie, it's gonna be okay treatment from anyone, but at least Klaus was present. That was more than she could have ever wanted.

"Yeah, it's just a block up from here, park's close." She answered him, a voice barely louder than a whisper. It sort of pissed her off that she was being this meek, too. She was an agent, daughter of two other agents, someone who should have been able to steel herself against the vulnerability that got her into this damn pit of emotional despair.

It was a short walk to Joanie's, and she used that time to gather her thoughts, maybe figure out what to say next. Once inside, she made sure to pick up whatever Klaus' poison of choice was for the evening and one for herself, before heading out. "Hope you still drink this stuff, if not I can just return it." She chuckled softly, an awkward brilliance to the small smile on her face as she tried to make light of the otherwise glum atmosphere that followed and hovered above them. "It's right across the way here."

Once they were there and got sat down, she hoped things wouldn't feel so tense.
A soft chuckle, exhaled from her nose was emitted as she grabbed her own beverage of choice, still wrapped in its bag, and she got out of the car. Katarina closed the car door, but when it didn't latch completely, she bumped it with her hip to secure it. She wandered across the sidewalk toward the grass, and found a nice bench for them to sit on under the cover of a few trees which she hoped would keep them out of site. It would be rather amusing to have two law enforcement agents talk themselves out of -- or argue with the local authorities for public intoxication but she felt this was a more comfortable atmosphere to get things out in the open that she might not have been able to in the tight quarters at the bar. She had fresh air to breathe, well...fresh enough that wasn't a wafting aroma coming from the wrong side of the Thames, a bit of alcohol to calm her nerves, and the ear of someone she considered a close friend. Things were already better than she'd hoped they'd be. She'd run through the scenarios in her head like little movies; The various ways Klaus could have rejected her.

Once she was seated, she waited for Klaus to get himself onto the bench too, before she spoke. Kat debated whether or not she should open her drink, putting her hand on the lid for a moment, before she pulled back. She was going to dive right in. "Look... I'm just going to say this because it needs to be said." She shifted on the bench to fully face him, and whether he looked up at her or not, it didn't matter. Her blue eyes were settled right on his face. "I'm sorry, Klaus. I'm so...I'm so sorry. I'm gonna try to stop crying it's just been built up so much--I'm sorry about that too--but just know that I didn't mean to be such a downright bitch to you after everything with..." Her voice trailed off.

A knot tightened in her stomach and she suddenly felt sick just thinking about it. She just couldn't bring herself to say his name. "I really didn't mean to push you away like that, I was awful, and you don't have to tell me it's okay when it more than likely isn't. I know I said all of this before, but I mean it, Klaus. Don't tell me not to worry about it when it's been eating away at me for a while now. I fucked up..."
Katarina's eyes moved from Klaus and settled on the ground beside them. He was confused by it, but she sensed it had put him off more than he wanted to say. Such was Klaus, she knew. "It's not okay though. Not for me. I mean, we spent so much time working on something together--working on our partnership and I messed up. I mean..." She was yammering, spouting off words out of control because this apology was a long time coming. Even when she was dating his roommate, she felt the tension and while it was a revolt, her taking a stand for someone she thought she loved, a change in her that she never asked for, Katarina realized the true error in her ways. She'd lost her friend.

"Forward." She chuckled softly, taking a quick drink out of the bottle she finally managed to open. She wiped her mouth with the cuff of her coat and set the bottle on her leg. "You're right. But I just couldn't move forward without telling you I'm sorry for everything I screwed up before. I didn't want things to be that way, I didn't want to lose you...I didn't want to lose my partner. My friend."

After all, Klaus was the first one at Paranormal to really open up and let her vent. He let her express herself, the methods behind her madness early on, a folly made on her first day, no less. She feared all of that progress they'd made to take two steps forward was thrown five steps back, and through a wall, and into a bottomless pit of confusing emotions that she didn't realize she had until she realized how badly she'd hurt him. "And it took me weeks, an agency fuck up, a God damn shrink, and a whole lot of whiskey to make me brave enough to even text you to get you here to say how bloody sorry I am." She sighed.

Things were changing so fast, she just hoped that this one aspect of her life would get back on track, even if things were never going to be the exact same as they had been before.

(OOC: proposed time jump for this thread to a few days after Day Zero.)
"Heh..." She chuckled, taking a quick swig of her drink before setting it back down. It was oddly refreshing getting the chance to tell her story without anyone else nodding or chiming in or even giving her that knowing look of pity if they'd already seen the memos or files. That, or they might have been there in the office the night everything went down. Still, Kat didn't want to have to tell Klaus anything, as she was too embarrassed to tell.

(Just spit it out already.)
[No, not the alcohol, that'd be a fucking waste. -laughs-]
(Do you think ol' Pretty Eyes over here is gonna stick around if you don't talk?)

Katarina closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to concentrate on anything other than the yammering in her head. Things were hard enough as it was to deal with begging for forgiveness from someone who shouldn't have given her that for what she'd done, and their bitching like her own personal commentators was frustrating as hell. "About a week now. This time, at least. Hadn't talked to anyone with a fancy PhD about my problems and all that rubbish since my dad and Tony died--but this time I guess I asked for it." Her blue eyes looked out to a few passersby, making her fist clench tighter on the bag as to conceal that they were drinking even if those walking didn't even glance over their way. She tilted her head to face Klaus again. "I fucked up pretty bad, as you can see I am the poster child for bad decision making, and as one of Jones' last orders I was forced to speak with Dr. Patricia Clark. MI-6's psych-wonder."

She rolled her eyes slightly, but not out of disrespect to the doctor. It was the fact that she had to speak with a doctor at all that irritated her. "Everything that happened...the breakup, the fact that I learned I'm a bloody witch, the anniversary of Tony and dad--everything was changing so fast, and it just became too much. It opened up this door to a myriad of rubbish I'd been holding back, and now I guess I'm paying for it."

She omitted the part about the voices, because she wasn't sure she was ready to divulge that information yet. Not while she was still reassembling the broken bridge with Klaus, it was still prime time to test the waters before he found that out. Sure, it was a chance for her to vent everything, but she didn't want to scare him away, not while she barely got him back. Even with his unusually understanding demeanor, she was wary on pulling at those threads just yet. "It's only been a few days, but...I think it's helping."

(Don't lie...)
[-laughs-]
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 15 posts
Under a Cursed Moon (open)

Klaus was in more pain than he was willing to shar[…]

TBD

"I suppose I can't convince you stop stalking[…]

Kids In America - AU Digimon

https://i.imgur.com/JX0p7SI.png[…]

https://files.jcink.net/uploads/fod[…]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising