The homes of the wizarding world range from the eccentric, even absurd, to the more classic and traditional homes. Many are expanded internally by magic to make up for what they lack in size naturally, and many more now have defensive spells up in hopes of protecting themselves from Trevor and his Death Eaters.
by: Samael Nachtweber
18 June 2012
9:32 p.m.

Everything had been set into motion. The potion was brewing, the mechanisms in motion that would see his master back to his own body. Samael had even convinced Downing and Calloway that there was need for a test, a simple subject of no consequence to ensure the process would work. After all, he had argued, should it fail, they didn't want to lose yet another part of an already septated Dark Lord to a botched attempt. He had a specimen which would work, he argued, and should that work, they would have another of the potion brewed in tandem so they could immediately see to the rise of the Dark Lord into his former glory. They could do with the other as they so chose. Only, they had no idea what or whom it was he had chosen. They had no idea that there would be no discarding of the other whether they so wished it or not.

Samael had, of course, spent many evenings studying over Downing's work, researching both the potion ingredients and their known interactions with others and the potion itself. It was dark magic, something rarely attempted, but followed to the T with no mistakes, it seemed sound and proven. The man who had created it had looked for a way to bring back his deceased lover, and there had been reports of sightings following his suspected attempt. Whether it was true or not, Samael could not 100% determine. It could be absolute hogwash, but the lengths Downing described having had to go through to attain the manuscript provided him with doubt. Someone had given it enough stock to collect it and possibly to hide it over the years. There had been tales of its disappearance at some point in history.

The night had arrived to bring his master back, but he had one last thing to draw. The time taking care to hide Captain Markus von Wolfram and even moving him in some instances when his pesky lover and former partner or even a pesky Nosferatu had found their noses a little too close for comfort had paid off. His hard work had paid off, and tonight? Tonight, he would be reunited. The fools were unlikely to recognize his master in his full glory. The only pictures of him were mangled and kept secret from the public eye. He had been referred to as a mere murderous "vampire," but he was so much more. And together, they would prove to the world that there was no escape.

"It's a fine night, isn't it, Captain?" Samael said as he set foot into the dank room he had Markus strung up in. His hands were clasped behind his back and his face cordial. A thin stream of moonlight came in through the small, rectangular window near the ceiling. The moon was very nearly in its full glory. A dangerous time to revive his master, yet he had no doubt he could hide him away the night of the full moon and keep him safe from those who might wish him ill until he was well enough to exact revenge upon the wolf who had killed him.

"At least, it is for me. A night for rejoicing, you might even say." He grinned a fanged grin as he stepped into the stream of moonlight, his face half-occluded by shadow. "It might yet be for you, too, Captain, believe it or not. If you play your cards right, you might find yourself free to return to the arms of your lover." The captain was a sight to behold. He may have healed him of the wounds from the muggle weaponry, but he hadn't bothered since. He'd found keeping him weakened and tired to be a better strategy than allowing him his full strength. They'd spent many a night together, Samael doing everything he could to break the once-strong man, the man he'd once admired and fancied to be like once his training had completed. Now, he pitied him at best, despised him at worst. Or perhaps the indifference that he found seeping in would be considered worse. Samael wasn't certain these days.
Last edited by Samael Nachtweber on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by: Markus von Wolfram
The voice did little to pull the captain from the daze he'd fallen into. It was just another unpleasant hum that generally meant pain in one form or another, would shortly follow. His arms ached from being stretched overhead, his shoulders taught and straining with the weight his legs couldn't support anymore. Not that it would have mattered in the long run. With the way Lance had him strung up, his toes barely brushed the ground anyway.

As much as Markus wished with all his heart his captor would go away, he knew it wasn't the case. Something was brewing. Over the past days? weeks? Lance had been diligently changing their location. Whether it was in part due to whoever it was that had been nosing around for him or just all part of whatever Lance had in store, Markus was still with it enough to realize this was probably the end of the line. Especially since the vampire kept dangling the false hope of walking way from whatever this was if only he cooperated. Heh, fat chance.

At the mention of Anne, Markus managed to lift his head enough to throw a glare, though it was lacking any true emotion or the spark of defiance it usually carried. Lance had made sure of that. Many a night was spent with the vampire and the mental hell the thing seemed bent on inflicting on the captain. When the creature didn't get the reaction he wanted things turned physical, bar the one time Markus had almost managed to escape. The captain chalked that episode up to a lesson well learned. Combine that with the lack of food and water, nothing beyond what Lance needed to keep him alive, Markus knew he was in a bad place. If he was being honest, the man felt as weak as a day old kitten.

"Sod off." The words were barely above a hoarse whisper but it was all the fight the captain had left in him at the moment, and words were the only thing he had to hide the fact Lance had come close, so, so close to breaking him completely. The last night they'd spent together had been especially vivid... his boys... Markus let his head drop and he felt his heart constrict in anger, though truth be told there wasn't much fight if any left in the captain.
((What date is it in June we want to go for? I know we needed to change date.))

Samael smirked at Markus' dismissal. He should know by now that when the vampire had words for him, there was no way he would simply "sod off." No, he would say his piece, have his fill, then leave him to further rot. And rot Markus had. Certainly, Samael had seen to it the mortal had received food and water in enough quantity to sustain him, but there was something about being afforded little movement that caused atrophy to set in. The movements weren't smooth. He could hear the almost squeaky sound to them. There would be a long road to recovery for the captain, if he chose to live. Thus far, it seemed he was choosing otherwise, but that wasn't the Captain's choice to make. He could live on a mortal or he could live in what would be for him an eternal hell: turned, the same as Samael. A living leech, bound to live by the life force of others. He could try to die then, Samael supposed, but the hunger would be much too strong for such a feeble place as he would find himself. Markus would feed, and he would live.

"What is it about you, Captain?" Samael replied as he approached closer. "You've been here since March, and it is now June, yet you seem to believe you can dictate my actions." His lips curled in a sort of sneer then he chuckled, pausing his step and looking down. "Stubbornness, I suppose. And that stubbornness is going to earn you a fate you do not desire, if you're not careful. You realize this? I'm not unreasonable. I believe you and I could yet reach a conclusion both of us would be happy with, but you fight it now. 'Sod off,' you say. I could. I could rob you of the blood I need and then some and force upon you that of my own and leave you here. Leave you here, chained, alone, a mortal working only a matter of yards away. The hunger would drive you mad. I could bring you a child, and you wouldn't care. I could send in Anne, even. Dearest Anne, her flesh so soft, that vein so supple, her heart so...strong, appetizing." Samael ran his tongue over the tips of his teeth. "You would feast the second she was proffered, chained or not. You might believe you're above me, even now, but you're not. I could change everything in an instant. Is that what you wish?"
Markus wanted to cry. The frustration and hopelessness of his current situation was the highest it had ever been since he'd first been taken. Worse still was that Lance just wouldn't shut up. The younger mans words painted a vivid picture in the tired captains mind and the threats... All the ways Lance could continue to make his life a living hell. There was no doubt in Markus' mind that Lance would carry through with them and not bat an eye and it was terrifying. To know that Anne, or his family, or anyone he cared about for that matter could be killed on a whim, or by himself if Lance followed through wit the threat to turn him... Merlin he'd never be able to live with himself and he was certain the vampire knew that.

The captain blinked back a few tears that threatened to spill out and averted his gaze so he wouldn't have to look at the younger man he used to think so highly of. Markus bit his lip to stop himself from saying anything back, and took a few deep breaths through his nose to try and calm himself down. That was what Lance was after anyway right? A response. Begging. A broken mess. He didn't want to give the vampire the satisfaction but it was hard, so hard to keep up the stubborn front. Markus didn't exactly know why he kept up the stubbornness aside from it being the only way he had left to fight back against the vampire. Trait of his family he supposed. The only hope he had to cling to, that if he could hold on long enough, someone would find him. A fools dream perhaps but it was all he had.
Samael didn't let his frustration show through. The captain was exercising what little control he felt he could over him, and Samael was not oblivious to this fact. If he showed frustration, it would grant the captain the satisfaction he wanted. Samael moved forward in the room, forming somewhat of an arc before suddenly appearing behind Markus, his hand firmly on his shoulder, the other holding back his captive's head, and his fangs grazing the man's skin hard enough to draw blood but not fully puncture. The smell was tempting, the hunger it evoked difficult to deny, but Samael exercised restraint. It was necessary. "That's how quickly it would be over, Captain, how quickly I could have you.... Drain you.... And that feeling? Your heart leaping to your throat? That would be the last thing Anne ever felt, along with an overwhelming sense of betrayal. But I know you're more reasonable than that, Captain. You'll talk. Which will it be? Shall I turn you or shall I let you free after you do your due diligence tonight?"

There would be a caveat. Markus would be smart enough to realize that, but he was smart. Freedom in exchange for silence was easy enough to deduce. Never mind the fact he'd live looking over his shoulder. Samael would make sure of it. He and his master would ensure paranoia pervaded his life in moments of contemplation of revenge to keep him in check. One little misstep, and his precious Anne wouldn't be amongst the living any longer.
In less time than it took to blink Lance had seemingly vanished from sight. Panic started to rise and when Markus felt his a strong grip on his shoulder and his head wrenched off to the side and back the captain let out a startled cry. Something sharp bit into the tender skin of his neck and the captain could feel the blood well and begin a slow trail down his throat. Markus sucked in a sharp breath and squeezed his eyes shut even though he felt warm tears spill out as if couldn't hold back the dam any longer.

The vampire's words rang loudly in his skull. Everything the younger man was saying held so much truth Markus couldn't even begin to try and push it away. Terror, shear terror was overriding the mans will to fight back. Lance could have very well ended him right there. turned him into a vampire... inflicted all the tortures he claimed he could do easily. What was worse was the guilt that weighed on the captain. Guilt that he would ultimately be forced to kill the person he realized he loved most, the only one he had left, if he didn't comply.

A sob broke free unbidden and unwanted but like the tears the captain couldn't hold it in anymore. "Free," he managed to get out between sobs. Christ he sounded horrible, as if his voice was made out of gravel. "I don't want to turn." His chest was heaving and his body was shaking with the fear that the vampire would still follow through with the threat, regardless of whether he complied or not. It was overwhelming, and Markus couldn't shake the feeling that the worst was yet to come.
And there, just like that, was the cooperation the captain should have shown from the beginning of tonight's meeting. Samael clapped Markus on the shoulder, leaving his right hand there for a moment before letting go and clasping it in his left as he walked around to be before the man in question. "That's more like it, Captain!" he declared, his tone clipped as per usual for his praise. "I doubted turning was something you wanted to do, and frankly, I don't care to bother. I'd much rather you remain as you are. After all, it's a far less permanent state of being." He smirked. "All I'll need is your guarantee of secrecy and a bit of your blood. They will suspect me for your abduction, after all, Captain, and I need your assurance that it was not I but some other creature. I died before your miraculous escape."

He was certain father would give him the skill needed to ensure the threat to follow was not the only guarantee of his silence. It was, after all, far too risky to release him with the knowledge of his abductor fresh in his mind and no binding promise of any sort. "I'm certain I need not voice who will suffer should you break such a promise. After all, she is all you have left." Samael observed Markus in silence for a few moments. "Tonight is a special night, Captain, and you should feel honored to be a part of it. For tonight, two very important men will rise again, stronger than before."
The praise he received from the vampire for his breakdown was sickening and did nothing to stop the captain from spiraling down further into a pit of despair. Markus let out a soft huff of air that might have been a laugh when Lance went on to tell him how things were going to go down. Of course freedom would come with a catch. Lance had been the last person he'd been seen with, so the vampire logically would be top suspect in a missing persons case if anyone had cared to file one....or if the guard was still investigating.... But how was he supposed to convince them that the younger man had died? And what other creature could possible have left fang marks in the side of his neck from numerous feedings?

Markus struggled to life his head high enough to glare at Lance when he again used Anne's well being as a threat to keep him docile. Lance had to know know Markus would fight tooth and nail to keep her safe and still try to take out the younger man if at all possible. But what was this about raising two important men?

"Rise? Bastard....who are you bringing back?" The question was given in a halting manner as Markus tried to find his voice among the tears and soft sobs. "Wh- why is my blood so important?"

Again Markus figured lance wasn't going to fill him in on the details of what was going to happen tonight but right now all the captain could do was attempt to dely in hopes of figuring it all out.
A smirk spread across Samael's face at Markus' first question and it certainly didn't vanish with the second. He was quiet a few moments as he contemplated how best to answer the captain's question then chuckled. "Well, Captain, which cliche would you prefer? 'That's for me to know and you to find out'? or 'If I told you, I'd have to kill you'?" He had no intention of letting Markus anywhere where he could see or hear what was going on. No, he respected Markus too much from their past together. Markus deserved a fairer death, one in which he stood an actual chance. This would be far too simple. He could simply drain him dry or slash his throat and let him bleed and he would be gone. But no, Markus deserved better.

Samael neared the high, narrow window, looking up out of it toward the moon with an amused expression as Markus spat back, "I'm dead anyway, so what does it matter?"

"Perhaps it doesn't matter to you, Captain," he replied a few moments later as he turned to look back toward the man, his arms crossed over his chest, "but I have a vested interest in your death and I have every intention for it to be far fairer than what tonight could easily bring you." Besides, he wanted pleasure from it, a feeling of success. Tonight wouldn't provide that. Nor would it bring about the satisfaction of seeing Markus broken at the sight of his dear Anne, lifeless before him. No, he had far greater plans for Markus. Far greater.
So he was to be rewarded with nothing more than a couple of cliches for being a blood donor for whatever was going to go down tonight? Lance was toying with him. Markus wanted to scream out in frustration of being kept in the dark, being played with like a mouse caught by a snake, but he couldn't. A soft rasping laugh broke from the captain. There was a certain irony in being told you'd be left alive only because now wasn't a good enough time for your demise. The fact that Lance had so called vested interest in his death only made it worse because that still meant he would die at some point by the vampires hand. The only real reason to cooperate was to hope that the creature would keep his word and not hurt Anne.

"Fairer?" It was hard for Markus to find the extra strength to hold his head up and look at the younger man but somehow he managed, if just barely before dropping it to let his chin rest against his chest. "Not sporting enough for you with the way I am now huh? This just a game to you?"

Markus could feel a painful pull in his shoulders and the captain tried to shift himself to get his toes on the ground to take some of the pressure off. he blinked back a couple of tears when it was more than apparent that even if he did manage to find balance on his toes his body was in such a weakened state that he couldn't support himself. Another wave of despair washed over Markus and the man couldn't honestly help but think even if Lance left him somewhere, no one would find him or be out looking.
Samael snorted lightly, truly an undignified sound in his opinion yet a good enough indicator of his amusement with Markus' tough bloke act. Should he even humor that with a response? Markus himself had to realize he was hardly in a place where he could take Samael on. He'd been kept alive and in a form which would likely leave him sore for weeks. No, Markus was not "sporting enough" for him now. He wanted a challenge. He wanted to know he was truly better even though the confidence of his condition left him convinced he was regardless. It was not a matter of "pride cometh before the fall" so much as simple fact. He was physically better, possessed heightened sense which would aid him where Markus did not. Markus was good for a human, but he was still merely a human. He wouldn't underestimate him, no, but it was an inevitable fact that if Samael wanted Markus dead, it wouldn't exactly be a trying task to accomplish and see through.

Samael turned after a few moments had passed, producing from his pocket two vials as he neared the captain. A moment later, he pierced the man's skin on his neck, placing first one vial and then the other and stopping them up before applying pressure to encourage the blood to complete its clotting. He ignored any taunting in those moments, savoring instead the metallic scent of blood. It took self control to not partake himself. He'd fed earlier or it might have overcame him. And then, without warning or preamble, Samael took a blindfold to Markus' eyes before he removed a knife from a pocket and cut Markus down, not bothering to catch him. He needn't pretend to care more than he did, and he wasn't going to put himself in a compromising position for a simple act of kindness. No.

"Get up. If you want to go, you'll get up and cooperate."
He let Lance get to him, which only cause more frustration and a helpless feeling, and it was clear by the soft snort that the vampire was highly amused. Markus didn't even want to respond in the first place yet the younger man knew exactly how to push his buttons, lean on raw emotions and feelings that the captain hadn't been able to deal with or even begin to work through. The silence that followed was probably one of the most nerve wracking things that the vampire could do since silence was usually followed by something highly unpleasant and there was no reason to think this scenario would end any differently than previous ones.

True to form, Markus didn't even register that Lance had moved until his head was wrenched back at a stressful angle so that his neck was bared to the vampire. The captain sucked in a sharp, panicked breath, fearing that the vampire was going to feed again. No matter how many times it happened fear choked the captain, enveloping, pulling him down into a deep dark ocean of terror. He felt something pierce the skin on his neck and the something cool placed up against the cut. It didn't feel like fangs. Markus tried to fight against the grip holding his head back to no avail but before he could so much as twitch he felt whatever it was get pulled away and a warm hand pressed up against the wound. What the hell?

The next thing he knew was his head was released and everything went dark, the panic intensified as he felt some sort of cloth that Markus soon realized was a blindfold. And then he was falling. The captain let out a startled cry as he dropped and hit the ground hard, Lance's words ringing in his ears.

Get up!

Markus tried to comply but each movement, each twinge of a muscle caused nothing but excruciating pain. Quiet sobs broke out as the captain managed to get himself on his stomach and his tied hands under him, but he was shaking so badly by the end of the small motion his body finally gave out. Evidently he wasn't moving fast enough because he felt a set of hands grab onto the collar of his uniform jacket and haul him to his feet even though he didn't have the strength to stand. Fuck! Markus didn't have much time to do anything other than give a grunt of pain as he struggled to get his feet under him as Lance started them off to whatever hell he'd planned next.
Affiliation

Site Link: http://pwrestoredhprp.proboards.com […]

Misery Loves Company {Julian}

"Actually it's probably the most anyone has […]

AFFILIATES:

Use PHP in HTML files
RPG-D Relashio! Black Sun Rising